cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5S & 5C Questions / Reservations number!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5S & 5C, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT  make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 5S /5C 16GB, 32GB, 64GB" & & the color of the device you want.  You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers.  Also just too add, Once the reservation goes into “IN PROGRESS” status, you can NOT change the device or store you picked. You will need to cancel the reservation & start all over again. You will lose the number you are at as well. The Status will stay “OPEN” Until Rogers start shipping them out. Last year they started shipping them out 2-3 days before the launch. The stores will get them either at launch or a day before. You can NOT get the device until release. The store will call you & let you know it’s at the store. Most likely Rogers will be sending out around 70-200 phones first & then the rest out. Depends on if they change it up this year

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with the iPhone 4 / 4S & iPhone 5 reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. The Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5S $ 5C prices on a 2 year term & outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5S 16GB : $199 Outright will be $719

iPhone 5S 32GB: $299 Outright will be $819

iPhone 5S 64GB: $399 outright will be  $919

It will be available in white, black and gold.

iPhone 5C 16GB - $99 Outright price will be $599

iPhone 5C 32GB - $199 Ouright price will be $719

It will be available in white, yellow, red, blue and green.

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5S & 5C in here please. I know this is a huge thing to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post).

***edited labels***

3,966 REPLIES 3,966

iPhone 5C/5S

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor

rumors right again as usual, theyre announced now & launch sept 20. so when is the reservation system going to get updated rogers? apple said $199 for 16gb on 2 yr contract, is that only for usa or is that for canada too?

post all iphone 5c/5s stuff here..

Re: Apple iPhone 5S & 5C Questions / Resevations number!

BrandonMckay
I Plan to Stick Around

Fine, fine... we will play friendly in your thread Meowmix Smiley Happy

I'll post my stuff here, you can delete my thread if you would like.

What we know!

Pre-orders going live on Apple - iPhone 5C: September 13, 2013.

Pre-orders going live on Apple - iPhone 5C: No offical Apple pre-orders

Pre-orders going live on Rogers - iPhone 5C: September 13, 2013 - Source

Pre-orders going live on Rogers - iPhone 5S: TBD

Release Date - Both Phones - September 20, 2013

iPhone 5S info: http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone-5s/

iPhone 5C info: http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone-5c/

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello BrandonMcKay

Exactly!. WE heard all this from Apple them self's. The reservations should be open Friday morning just like last year!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello inferno129

I do not have access to the mod controls. All they did was move the threads into this one. This way this one can be the main one. I had asked for this a few days ago this way it can be on one thread instead. The post were moved in here. The other one you posted got removed from the mods.

Anyways lets stay on topic & talk about the iPhone.

inferno129

what about the contracts? still 3 year or 2 year now like usa? didnt that crtc thing for 2 year start this dec 2013? is that changed now? information...

(edit: wow..)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Inferno129

As it says on my post, it will be a 2 year term. There is no 3year term anymore with any Canadian carriers. Now its 2 years.

As for the reservations, they will post it on the RogersBuzz twitter account just like last year.

If you look at the website currently, ALL new phone activations, are ALREADY 2 year now.
This change happened maybe just under a month ago.

They will not provide anymore information here, before the OFFICIAL release of the information/update page.

inferno129
where is evidence of that? rogers hasnt said anything. many times before apple said 2 year but that was for usa & we were still 3 years, we were supposed to be forced down to 2 later this year but its not that time yet has that rule change been accelerated or what?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Inferno129

If you read the site, it clearly shows 2 YEARS contracts now. No more 3 years...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone.

good news! Just ONLY for the 5C

RogersBuzz ‏@RogersBuzz 2m

"New and existing customers can reserve the iPhone 5c on the Rogers Reservation System starting Sept. 13."

"Rogers will be carrying the iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s beginning Sept. 20"

https://twitter.com/RogersBuzz

Is there always a chance, since its before december that they put these on a 3 year? Yes.

BUT... as stated.  All plans you currently sign up for, are 2 years (you can see it yourself on the site).  Likely they wont do 3 years.  We will not know until the official annoucement.

If there are any changes from what Meowmix posted in the first post, he will have a mod edit his post for him with those changes

inferno129

NOW..it does, it didnt <1 hr ago.. at least with MB's version of the site..

15gb of data for $145...? so when does that get affordable?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello inferno129

It was just posted...If you wish to talk about data plans, You can call Rogers & see what you can do.

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Guys,

Nice to see everyone again this year. I was lucky enough to have #10 spot last year for iphone 5.

This year, my fiancé would like to join Rogers and reserve the iphone 5s (I see this will not be able to reserve Friday the 13th? Only the 5c?)

I most likely will upgrade to the 5s and sell my 64gb iphone 5.

Let's hope we can reserve the 5s on the 13th.

Nice to see you Meowmix.

Best of luck to all. 

BobF4321
I Plan to Stick Around

Every year I wonder if Rogers will announce cheaper voice+data plans for unlocked (therefore unsubsidized) phones.... any possibility this year?  Will the plan pricing be the same for 2-year contract phones and unlocked phones bought from Apple?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Dimundz88

Nice to see you too!. I was #8 last year & got it the first day. The 5S will be released on the same day Sept 20th but it seems the reservations for it will be open late OR there might not be any. We shall see.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello BabF4321

They pay bring out the 6GB data plan with a voice package for around $70 if not a bit less. That will be brought out tho when the iPhone is released.

At this time, no info is out yet.

@BobF4321 wrote:

Will the plan pricing be the same for 2-year contract phones and unlocked phones bought from Apple?

If you bring an unlocked phone, on a NEW plan (so new number sign up, etc).. you can save 10% or $20.. .i beleive that is still ongoing.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Gdkitty

That is correct BUT remember, those plans MAY change just for the moment. Seen Rogers do this before.

Thats why i said, i beleive.

They JUST Changed their plan section again.. they have some HIGHER data options now listed there. (of course for a cost).
Doesnt specificaly there show the discount.. but does talk about it in the + more details.

As you said, hopefully they release one of the 'special' plans when it comes out.  Heck, maybe consider switching to it myself 🙂 (unless its only with new phone purchase).