cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around

Just curios if anyone has had there position in line move to shipped? i was positioned at 189 and i moved to 59 a couple hours ago, so i assume 130 have already been shipped! if they keep shipping at this rate then i should have my phone at launch! this is my first pre order from rogers, ive been a rogers customer for 19 years! i was an inch away from moving to telus just so i can get the apple watch - till rogers gave me a loyalty plan i couldn't refuse so i decided to wait it out and good thing i did!

***Added Labels***

846 REPLIES 846

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

sbradley33
I plan to stick around

I'm going to be cancelling my order as soon as I have the watch in hand.  I ordered it from the Halifax Apple store and they have stock.  Since Friday I went from 102 to 99 and this morning went to 98.  Was waiting for a Grey 44mm.

hancocks
I've been around

371 grey.. hasn't moved in a while.

Nick36
I plan to stick around
I juste got back from my local Rogers store. The representative told me they only got one since Friday. He also told me if I cancel before they get my Watch, they won’t refund my 40$ (btw Rogers charged me 45.99$, which is odd).

sbradley33
I plan to stick around

Rogers statement clearly says that they will refund your $46.00 when you pick up your watch or if you cancel.

What if I change my mind on my pre-order?

You can change your mind as long as your reservation is still in open status. You can just cancel your first reservation and create another afterwards. Your initial reservation fee will be credited back to your Rogers account. Once you've chosen a different device, the reservation fee for that device will be charged to your account.

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

@Nick36  first of all, lol for the rep telling you that they'll keep your reservation deposit if you cancel it.  They obviously can't and won't do that.  

second of all, its $40 plus 13% HST = $45.99

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

The reservation fee will be credited back to the original mehtodit was charged on once you cancel the reservation / pre order or change ur mind.

Vince181
I plan to stick around
The email I received states that those fees will be reimbursed automatically.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Vince181

That is correct. Once it ships out, gets cancelled the reservation fee will be be credited back to the original method it was charged on.

DaddyKool
I've been here awhile
Ya once it gets shipped. All my friends who ordered though bell, TELUS and apple have received their watches. But I wake up this morning and I’m still sitting at number 8. This is starting to get ridiculous for Rogers to take forever on the shipping

nasa25

@DaddyKool like i said, no point in them shipping something that they won't be able to activate on your account

I'd be shocked if they started shipping these reservations en masse before the activation system/watch cellular connection issues are sorted out 

Nick36
I plan to stick around
That makes sence for the taxes. I didn’t think there would be taxes on a deposit. And yeah I told the rep about the fact the email clearly said the deposit was refundable and he just continued saying it wasn’t. He even asked his colleague who said the same thing. Anyway I’m not planning on cancelling unless I’m still 30 in position after this week.

sbradley33
I plan to stick around
My pre-order has been cancelled for a grey 44mm. I picked up one up at the Apple store. So a few people just got bumped by one. The glitch is at the Rogers store. They had to call out to activate my watch. Turns out they can only activate the watch in store. Will update later.

sbradley33
I plan to stick around

I was not able to get my watch activated in store.  The CSRs kept indicating that there was something wrong with my account preventing me from adding a line.  When I tried through the phone and watch, I get a WS300 error.

nasa25

@sbradley33 the ONLY way to activate the watch is through your iPhone watch app.  They cannot manually activate it.

And WS300 is the system error that's been plaguing everyone.  It has nothing to do with your personal account.  There's nothing wrong with your account.  There IS something wrong with the activation system and the smartwatch cellular connectivity system (as a whole) in general at this point.  

sbradley33
I plan to stick around
I kind of figured that. My watch was the first watch activation for the Halifax Rogers store, so I'm sure they aren't aware of the "issues" plaguing Rogers.

nasa25

@sbradley33 yeah the people at the store probably don't have a clue about any of this Apple Watch stuff.  

Honestly the best source for information on this rollout is probably right here on these boards (along with perhaps rogers Tech support if you have an open case waiting to be resolved)

mangobug
I plan to stick around
What's the estimated time for the shipping to start. I am # 460, so based on this I might not even get the watch till mid Oct.

sbradley33
I plan to stick around
So do I need to contact tech support to have my phone connected or should I just keep trying until it works?

stjamieson
I plan to stick around

I've just talked with the store that I am picking up my watch, and they said they don't have a date for when the watches are supposed to arrive. I then talked with a CSR and they said that the watches are on back order and might be another 4 weeks before they begin to ship. I mentioned to them that they should send out some kind of notice to everyone that has pre-ordered, as it doesn't sound like people know that.

Also, I asked what they queu was, as in was it for all of Canada or specific to the location. And they said that it should be per location, by the store that you are picking it up at. So with that, even if someone in another city cancels their order, we may not see a change in our status number.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @stjamieson

The rep is not correct.

The reservation system is Canada wide and NOT per store. I have done all the reservation threads since 2012 and can confirm the truth here. Store reps don't do much research to be truthful and don't get trained on the reservation system yearly.

stjamieson
I plan to stick around

Hi @Meowmix

Thanks for confirming the information, and letting me know that it is nation wide not store specific