cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Wireless Network Support

doomfrawen
I've been here awhile

Hi, Will Rogers support 5g by Q4? Are we gonna get the S10 5g in Canada?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 5G Wireless Network Support

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@doomfrawen wrote:

I don't think the government is holding 5G spectrum auction until 2020 so there wont be any 5G in Canada any time soon. 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@doomfrawen wrote:

I don't think the government is holding 5G spectrum auction until 2020 so there wont be any 5G in Canada any time soon. 

rawr4444
I plan to stick around

Will the initial S10 be 5G ready for 2020?   I usually keep phones for 3 years.

Hello, @rawr4444.

Thank you for joining this conversation. I appreciate your interest in the fifth generation wireless network; I'm very much looking forward to it. The 5G launch would be a grand event which would be hard to miss. At the moment, we are unable to comment about it. Please stay tuned. 🙂

Cheers,

RogersMoin

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast

Rogers 5g TV ad on chek news

Just saw this on tv commercials, is officially here..? Or will it be coming soon?
What devices are compatible with it?

Hey @cafekief,

5G is really going to be a game changer! It will make the mass communication of IoT a reality and is something I am excited for.

Our 5G network will begin to roll out commercially in 2020.

Rogers is excited to bring customers a full suite of 5G enabled devices when our 5G network is commercially available. Please stay tuned here in the Community and on rogers.com for updates! Current LTE devices will continue to work, as they do today, on our 4G LTE network.

Regards,

RogersTim

Throw back to this past Friday and the Friday before! working to put up better 5G/LTE+

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/03/12/rogers-b-c-investments-wireless-5g/?fbclid=IwAR37c44rnD9MAZolKw10...

Rogers wireless 5g forums.jpg

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast

So with beta trials happening in early 2020 and 5G coming (by) 2020. Late 2019 early bday gift to me (Dec 4th) will all big three telecos upgrade internet plans including wireless devices?

Hey @cafekief!

Safe to say I think that we're all excited for 5G! Though at this time we don't have any details pertaining to plans for 5G at this time keep an eye out on Rogers.com for any updates or changes as they become available!

@RogersAndy

Even though the 5G network may not be ready until 2020 in Canada, will Rogers be selling 5G phones before then?  Example: the S10 5G will be released in the US in May.  Will it be purchasable through Rogers roughly around the same time? Or are you waiting until the 5G network is ready?   I am ready to purchase a 5G phone asap and would like to do so via Rogers, as my contract is up as of today. 

Thanks

Hello @sboeyen,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congratulations on your first post! 😃

5G is going to bring huge advancements in technology so I don't blame you for being so curious about how everything is going to work. While I wish we had more information about the launch of 5G compatible devices, we currently do not have an update to provide as of yet.

Once there is information that we can share we will keep the Community updated. It is also a good idea to stay tuned to the Rogers.com website for updates.

Cheers,

RogersTony

Any info on this anymore. Release Q4 2019?

rawr4444
I plan to stick around

I have a friend who works for the Edmonton Police Service in the phone tapping department.   He told me that 5G networks won't be readily available or common for the public for something like 3-4 years.    If you are upgrading your cell phone now, don't bother with 5G yet.

Where's all the 5G small cells in #fleetwoodarea of #SurreyBC? 

MikeJung
I've been here awhile
Don't bother purchasing a 1st gen 5G chip modem (2 chips needed Snapdragon 855 & X50. 1 for 2G, 3G, LTE. 1 for 5G)
Like the Qualcomm Snapdragon X50.
Samsung S10.

Wait for the 2nd gen 5G modem chips (stand alone)
Qualcomm Snapdragon X55.
It will have more bands on it, & more world compatibility.
Due out in 2020 5G phones.

Screenshot_20190711-215859_Gallery.jpgThis the a 5G small cell? It's right by my house.. Hehehe

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast

5g small cell deployments in Surrey, BC

I do not see any deploymentz in the fleetwood area of Surrey...

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast

20200304_124704.jpgScreenshot_20200304-122930_Chrome.jpg

So the mricocell on top of a hotel is really not good. Penetration is not long enough to get thu trees and buildings

The cell site is at 166th street and Fraser highway in Surrey, BC needs a repair and hopefully soon a 5G small cell as just up the street at 156th has 5G coverage... 

Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 in conversation