cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Android Auto navigation problem

imaddicted2u2
I plan to stick around

My wife and I just signed up to Rogers. We both have A14 5G phones by Samsung.
My phone is having an issue with navigation by voice in Android Auto. My Wife's phone is not.
When I say "take me to destination" Android Auto returns..."Something went wrong" saying "navigate to destination" same issue "Something went wrong" but...when I ask "where is destination" , the destination gets set and I get turn by turn direction. In all cases the text of my query is displayed properly in Android Auto maps on the infotainment system
If I disconnect from the car, and ask "hey Google" directly for the same directions detailed above, it always responds correctly.
As far as troubleshooting I have reset the car infotainment system to factory. I don't think this was required since my Wife's phone is working as it should. Reset and retrained the Google Assistant voice model. I reset my phone to factory and restored backed up data, still have same issue. I reset phone to factory and didn't restore anything, problem didn't go away. I made sure that software and firmware are up to date. I'm out of ideas. Since my Wife's phone works and factory resetting my phone doesn't fix it, could the phone itself have a problem that would cause this issue? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Video of voice nav problem 

**Labels Added**

1 REPLY 1

Re: Strange Android Auto navigation problem

RogersMaude

Good afternoon,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for posting! I know how important it is to use voice-commands when your driving to make sure your attention remains on the road.

Sometimes Google does not recognize your voice. This could happen if you have not personally completed your initial device configuration, for example. This step may have also been skipped during the initial set up while still being automatically enable with Android Auto.

Taking this into consideration, you might have to retrain "Hey Google" from your phone. Access your Google profile, go to Settings, launch the Google Assistant, finally click Hey Google & Voice Match. You'll be able to "retrain" your assistance on better recognizing your voice again, in the future.

I want to reassure you, I do not think your device is defective. To get directions with voice commands :

1. Say "Hey Google" or select microphone .
  2. Tell Android Auto where you'd like to go. Some examples of things you can say are:
  3. If multiple locations come up, confirm the one you want before following the directions to your destination.

When you say "Take me [...]", either "home" or "to work", it is using the updated work or home address settings.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have questions and feel free to update us on the outcome.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation