cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no data on my phone, and Rogers Technical Service could not find a solution for 1 week.

ersinuluk
I'm here a lot

This is absolutely unacceptable. I explained my problem at least 3 times in a week, spending 1 to 2 hours on the phone each time.
I have 3 separate case numbers. And especially the Technical service representative, whom I talked yesterday, said he was going to call me around 12:30 today, but he did not call. I called Rogers again, explained everything again and again, was told that the previous case number was closed and a new case number was opened and again I spent 2 hours on the phone, again no result.
If there is a day's delay in Rogers invoice payment, Rogers immediately applies interest.
I am paying for data without receiving data service. Promises made are not kept. It is impossible to understand what kind of professionalism, what kind of a corporate company this is. It's complete irresponsibility. I would like to state here that I will seek all my legal rights to the end.

Case number: 244287656 April 03
Case number: 244311851 April 08 (They promised to call me today @ 12:30 pm, but they didn't. They closed the case without finding a solution.)
Case number: 244315827 (I called again today, I spent 2 hours on the phone again, and they couldn't find a solution. I wanted to talk with a manager, they promised that a manager would call me back, and I'm still waiting.

***Added Labels***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: There is no data on my phone, and Rogers Technical Service could not find a solution for 1 week.

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
What device are you using? Are you in a major city or rural area? Have you double checked your APN settings to ensure they are all correct? Do you have a data limit set on your device?

Have you tried perfoing a Network Reset on the device followed by powering it off for 5+ minutes to allow it to refresh its connection to the Rogers Network? Have you replaced your SIM? Have you tried a factory reset of the device to help rule out the device being the issue?

Re: There is no data on my phone, and Rogers Technical Service could not find a solution for 1 week.

Iphone14pro. yes, major city. Yes checked APN setting. No I did not change any data limit set.
Yes, I did. Yes I replaced SIM. 

Did you read my message properly?; I say that I talked about these problems with Rogers, and they already told me these details. But there is no solution.
This is the situation; The problem still persists and I pay my bills on time.

Did you read my message above exactly?
Do you understand me fully?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The BEST and Fastest way to trouble:

Put YOUR sim card in a different phone and test it, does it work? Yes or No? if Sim card works in another device, its a Device issue

Put SOMEONE ELSES sim card in your phone and test it, does it work? Yes or No? if someone elses sim card works in your device, its a Account related issue.

Rogers Technical Services recommended all of these. And we tried them one by one. There is NO solution yet.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

what is the phone model? it may also require specific settings to be configured

ersinuluk
I'm here a lot

Iphone 14Pro. 
I have never changed my phone's settings. I have been using the same device for almost two years. No specific settings were required from day one, why would it be needed now?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The way Apple works, is, it sends a configuration file to your phone based on which carrier it detects you are connected to.  These files Might get corrupted just like it happens on other phones and computers so it might prevent it from working.  Without a technician physically looking at your phone in person, it will be somewhat difficult to determine the root cause of the problem.

You can try to see if you can take your phone into the Apple Computer store in the mall and have one of their qualified technical staff attempt to fix this for you.  This is a service apple offers and I find that not many people actually take advantage of this, not sure why?

I don't think the information you provided is correct.
I think you are not competent in this matter.
The company that provides my service should be the one who should solve this problem. The name of the company on the invoice I paid is Rogers.
Do not try to push this situation anywhere other than Rogers' responsibility.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello Ersinuluk,  It's unfortunate you feel that way about me and judge me without even knowing me or the wealth of knowledge that I have compared to you.  This is fine, I will not argue with what you "feel" should be the right way to handle things.

Some people have a very good understanding about how the bureaucracy works at Rogers Communications and we make suggestions based on our past experiences and know that sometimes to solve a problem you HAVE to step outside the box.   You can either take my advice and solve the problem, or you can constantly drag on your complaints and get no where about it,

Rogers sells Cellular service, YES but they do NOT make the actual phones nor do they have control of the software that is loaded onto the phones. if you want or expect them to have control over that, keep dreaming my friend, keep dreaming, either you swallow your pride and follow our recommendations, or if you want to continue to have pride in what you believe should be the solution, then continue to believe in that but also expect to not have a prompt solution.

Hey Pauly
You don't have to be touchy, you made a suggestion and I responded.
I am saying again; that I also tried my SIM card on other devices, which was provided to me by Rogers and for which I paid. The result is the same.
So, it was tried for other devices, and other software, but the result is the same.
Moreover, with Rogers' suggestion, I threw away my current card and replaced it with a new one, the result is the same.
Now I'm asking; what's the problem? And who is responsible for this? I'm still paying my bills...

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
Have you asked Customer Care to make sure there isn't a data block on your service?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your suppose to try your sim in a known working device, you can go to a rogers store and try it in one of their demonstration units

you should also try SOMEONE ELSES SIM in your own personal device. Most Rogers or Apple stores have a demonstration sim card, they can use it to test if devices are in working order

this is how we troubleshoot and narrow down the problem.  

Good morning @ersinuluk,

We appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention and share your detailed account of events.

We'd be happy to take a deeper look into this for you, if your data issue has yet to be resolved.

To further assist you, we'll need access to your account. Please send a message to @CommunityHelps at your convenience so we can get started. 

To learn how to send a private message, click here. Thanks!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation