cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixup Returning a Digital TV Box

ChaeFam
I'm here a lot

Hi, I'm in a bit of an odd situation.

I've been renting two digital TV boxes, one is a 4K that comes with my package, and one is an additionally paid-for 3.0. I was under the impression that the 4K's sn was ABC and the 3.0's sn was XYZ (both are the same physical box).

I don't need the 3.0 box anymore so I recently spoke with an agent to cancel box XYZ, but the agent said the 3.0's sn is ABC and the 4K is XYZ -- that they are switched. I was confused so I just clarified that I want the 3.0 box canceled, so they said they canceled ABC.

But now box XYZ has stopped working (presumably canceled) and box ABC is working fine.

I guess the tough part is that I can't cross-check specifics on my own about the serial numbers (to figure out if the agent was mixed up or if my boxes SN stickers were somehow mixed up) as the box's settings don't seem to the show the SN anywhere, neither does my MyRogers account, neither does the email about the cancelation (just says 3.0 was canceled), and I don't currently have a 4K TV to check the channels.

And so now I'm confused as to how to go through with the return -- do I just return the one canceled/not authorized anymore, even though the SN is supposedly the wrong one? I thought maybe I can just switch the SN stickers but I don't know if that'll cause issues too.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mixup Returning a Digital TV Box

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The serial number is usually on the back of the box at the top of a white sticker. My NextBox 3.0 SN starts with SAC...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The serial number is usually on the back of the box at the top of a white sticker. My NextBox 3.0 SN starts with SAC...

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
yep 57 is correct, its either a SAB or SAC number on the white sticker on the back or bottom of the set top box. this is the serial number, unfortunately i dont think you can find this number on any information screen.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation