cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada US Plan Cannot be Re-added for 12 Months.

Irish6240
I've been around

Hi! I'm new here and generally would like to say I'm happy with my Rogers wireless service. I am, however, questioning the Canada+US plan's restriction about reimplementing the service if it has been removed. I am traveling to & staying in the USA for 4 months. I'd like to change my current plan to the CAN+US for those 4 months. Ideally I'd like to return to my current plan when I return. Therein lies the problem! When I return next year to the USA, the "rules" say I cannot reinstate the CAN+US plan for 12 months after it has been removed. Clearly whoever dreamt up that restriction didn't consider snowbirds! Why does this restriction exist? I'd much sooner pay the extra rather than getting a US plan from a US provider. What you are forcing me to do is give my money to a foreign provider rather than keeping it here, in Canada, with Rogers. It's not that I don't want to pay extra for this, I just can't understand why I can't have it reinstated when I go back next December. Will Rogers consider eliminating this silly restriction? What is all the more perplexing is AT&T and Tmobile include service in Canada & Mexico as part of their standard service (without additional fees). But, as I said, I'm willing to pay the extra - just can't understand this "no reinstatement" provision!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Canada US Plan Cannot be Re-added for 12 Months.

RogersMaude

Good day @Irish6240 ,

Thanks for posting to the Rogers Community! I apologize for the delayed response.

Unfortunately, only certain types of Business Corporate accounts can benefit from a Canada/US plan and they are subject to restrictions.

To keep your phone number when travelling abroad, we do offer a wireless temporary suspension. It's ideal to save while being away from the country. Upon restoral you can continue to access your original plan, bonus data and discounts. This is an alternative to cancelling, as cancelling would require you to get a new phone number when you return.

Keep in mind that you can also use Roam Like Home when visiting the US. Use the data, minutes and text messages from your Rogers mobile plan while roaming for one low daily rate. Find more information at www.rogers.com/travel!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Canada US Plan Cannot be Re-added for 12 Months.

RogersMaude

Good day @Irish6240 ,

Thanks for posting to the Rogers Community! I apologize for the delayed response.

Unfortunately, only certain types of Business Corporate accounts can benefit from a Canada/US plan and they are subject to restrictions.

To keep your phone number when travelling abroad, we do offer a wireless temporary suspension. It's ideal to save while being away from the country. Upon restoral you can continue to access your original plan, bonus data and discounts. This is an alternative to cancelling, as cancelling would require you to get a new phone number when you return.

Keep in mind that you can also use Roam Like Home when visiting the US. Use the data, minutes and text messages from your Rogers mobile plan while roaming for one low daily rate. Find more information at www.rogers.com/travel!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation