Ignite TV™
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Why no apps for Roku, FireTV, AndroidTV, etc.?

There do not appear to be Rogers Ignite TV apps for streaming platforms like Roku, AppleTV, FireTV, AndroidTV, etc. Comcast has Xfinity apps for many of these platforms so technically it doesn't seem like an issue.  And Shaw used to have an IgniteTV ...

wayner92 by I'm a reliable contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

User guide for Ignite TV

Is there a PDF file Ignite TV Guide?   including remote? and app?   i see 1 one minute video on Ignite TV functionality  is re video for 1. Recording shows, playback of show, recording series (priority o recordings) .2.  Watching shows - forward, bac...

tbcuthbert by I plan to stick around
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming Apps no longer working with Rogers Ignite.

We've have Rogers Ignite internet and tv with streaming for the past 5+ years. We have the main Ignite box from Rogers in the basement and then have been using an AppleTV to access apps like CTV, Global, CityTV, etc by using the channel native app an...

Sab31 by I've been here awhile
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Ignite Streamer Box Get Stuck in a Loop

I need closed captions and audio both, so we had it set up for both for the past ~6 months. About a month ago, the captions started turning themselves off. When we turn them back on, it plays about 3 seconds of something live with captions and audio,...

Pre-existing Acorn tv subscription

I already have an Acorn tv subscription.  I cannot find a way of logging in to my Acorn TV account in Ignite.  The app just wants me to subscribe through Rogers.  Can I not use the built-in app instead of casting from my iPad?   **Labels Added**    

dcdanko by I plan to stick around
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Rogers Streaming vs Roku

New subscriber to Rogers Home Internet.   I have a Roku TV.  Interested in comments on ROKU vs Rogers Streaming ? Pros and cons?   *** Edited Labels ***

Badger51 by I've been here awhile
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ignite modem & TV with DMZ for existing router

I am converting from Digital TV to Ignite TV. Instead of changing modem to Bridged Mode, I would like to know your thoughts on this possible simple setup. I have a lot going on with my setup and do not want to change it. I have approx. 35 devices tha...

Ignite TV Casting

I’m confused with comments on Rogers Ignite TV website about casting from a mobile device or IPad that has the Rogers Ignite App installed on it. The website says you have to have a set top box for each TV ( $10 a month). Previous we didn’t have a Sm...

Flavour1 by I plan to stick around
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! StackTV login

I recently got Ignite TV. I have StackTV through Amazon. I have signed into Prime Video but don't see an option to login when I launch StackTV. Can I use my StackTV from Amazon?

WaveSurf by I've been here awhile
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Netflix thumbnails blacked out

I recently got Ignite and was happy with the ease of access to things.  Initially Netflix worked fine but about 5 days in most of the thumbnails images turned black so you can’t tell what show it is.  I have done the whole reset and restart as I also...

Resolved! What is the purpose of SmartStream?

I have been meaning to ask this for some time: What is the purpose of the SmartStream product? For customers/users of SmartStream, what does the product provide that, for example, a $30 Roku media player (or a more elaborate media player such as Shie...

Resolved! Ignite TV bandwidth provisiong and ethernet port speed

Two questions regarding Ignite TV...   1) Does anyone know if Rogers has separate bandwidth provisioning for TV streaming and internet, or is it all part of the subscribed internet package?   2) The ethernet ports on the Ignite streaming boxes...are ...

AV_Fan by I plan to stick around
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Sportnet now and Disney plus subscription

I recently upgraded my internet to Ignite streaming.  The promotion said I will have 6 months free Disney + and 1 year free Sportnet now subscriptions.  So far, I did not get any emails for the activation and myrogers did not have "subscription" tab....

mkleung by I've been here awhile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Ignite Premier Package

Can I watch Ignite Premier Package on my devices when I am in the US?   **Labels Added**    

Intermittent Issues with Voice Commands

Over the last week, I have been having intermittent issues with voice commands.  For example, if I say "Youtube" it will take me to Youtube.  But if I say "Hockey on Youtube", I get the message "something is not right".  Sometimes if I say "guide" or...

jjjjy7 by I'm a reliable contributor
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes