Internet
Got questions about your modem, router, speeds or WiFi?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Intermittent disconnects - CODA-4582U

I have been experiencing intermittent disconnects of internet service for a few minutes at a time and have replaced the CODA-4582U with no improvement. The modem is is bridged mode and after reading some of the other posts I believe there may be a si...

OttawaDave1 by I've been here awhile
  • 238 replies
  • 0 likes

XB7 modem slow wifi speeds and weak wifi signal

I am on the Ignite Gigabit package with Ignite TV. I had issues with my internet about 3 weeks ago and a Rogers contracted tech came over and resolved the issue and he decided to change my XB6 modem to the new XB7 as he mentioned it has better wifi r...

tester2013 by I plan to stick around
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Speed dropped from 500 to 200 since the 7th of June

Hello,On the 7th of June my Rogers internet speed dropped from 500 to 200. I have been checking the speed every few hours. Can you please advise how I can report this to Rogers and get this issue solved   *** Edited Labels ***

Ignite Modem Keeps Rebooting

I've been having issues with my Ignite modem restarting for months... I've been through probably 6 modems. I've had techs come to my house on multiple occasions. Check the lines swap modems and cables, etc. Nothing works. It always happens again. I g...

Low signal levels with CODA-4582U in Etobicoke

We have a CODA-4582U modem in bridge mode with Gigabit Internet service.  For the past few weeks we have been seeing reduced download speeds, higher latency and dropped packets.  When I look at the modem signals I think I know why.  The signals look ...

jn00 by I plan to stick around
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Internet speed halved when bridging CODA-4582U to ASUS XD4

Hello, So I recently switched from bell to rogers 1gbps legacy after a 1 year hiatus from the company. Coming back I am left to deal with small issues from the CODA modem. Initial setup was great, consistently getting 950/50mbps speeds when wired via...

Schix by I've been here awhile
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Speed & Latency issues suddenly appeared!

Hey everyone,   So out of nowhere tonight, got hit with some massive download speed & latency issues. If the connection is barely used, latency to google dns, for example, hovers around 40-45 ms. As soon as I start using the connection, with a speedt...

Resolved! Ignite Internet Gigabit - Slow Speeds

i haven't been able to speed test higher than 500mbps with a wired connection, I am on a gigabit connection.     Downstream Overview Port IDFrequency (MHz)ModulationSignal strength (dBmV)Channel IDSignal noise ratio (dB)1591000000256QAM4.200738.9832...

m3rked by I'm here a lot
  • 160 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow/unstable internet speeds and bad connection to games

I have not been getting my full speeds lately. Started about last month. We usually get 500mbps down and 20mbps up. Recently our speeds fluctuate a lot and are not very consistent but it is mostly our upload speed. We had really bad issues not long a...

league1.png league2.png league3.png league4.png
JBeach by I'm here a lot
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ignite Internet Issues

I have been with Rogers with 10+ years, have their phone service, wifi/internet, and cable. We have always had some issues with the internet but most problems were eventually fixed by unplugging the modem. We recently switched to 4K/Ignite in the new...

jredd by I've been around
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Does my signal look ok?

Hi, Can some please tell me if my signals looks ok. CODA with 7.1.1.37 on 500/20 profile.   I compare them with my friend who uses CODA with the same firmware on 1gb/30 profile.   he has much better bufferbloat stats then me.   Under OFDM Downstre...

amd7674 by I plan to stick around
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Slower speed on wired connection compared to wireless

I got Ignite 500 Ultd Internet service with Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem (Gen2). I noticed significant slower speed on wired connection to the modem with ethernet cable. (On fast.com it shows only less than 400Mbps while wireless connection shows more t...

khryu by I've been around
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Intermittent Slow Internet / Significant Packet Loss

Since Saturday, I've been experiencing intermittent slow internet. Most notably streaming (youtube etc.) will suddenly pause; games will timeout; surfing will slow down; teams meetings disconnect/pause.   I tracked it down to lost packets. My speeds ...

hoboryan by I plan to stick around
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Ignite 150 Download Speed

I was previously on VM 50mbps download speed and was consistently getting 40-44 test speed from my Mac via WIFI.  Today I changed to Ignite 150, and I am only getting 12-15 test speeds.   Please tell me this isn't expected speed.   Yes, my TV now use...

dm20141 by I'm here a lot
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

1/4 Speed Fibre, unknown slowdown

I've had Rogers Fibre now for about 1 month, at install wider I was at 900+MBPS and wireless 750+.  Now wired is under 200 and wireless under 150. Any ideas what can be causing this? This is persistent on all devices. Even my Rogers TV box given me a...

mattyp by I've been here awhile
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Inconsistent speeds - Ignite 500

I have the ignite 500 package. Bizarrely... Rogers speed test reports speeds of 10 to 25 Mbps while speedtest.net is reporting speeds between 125 and 700+ Mbps. Any thoughts?   ***EDITED LABELS***

KT67 by I've been here awhile
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

Ignite slow speed and persistant failures / issues

I have a issue unresolved by two tech visits and an open ticket with Maintenance.    First tech replaced, on spec, the connector at the pole. but otherwise indicated that the router was 'within spec' and did not have any further actions he could take...

slow speed after area outage

We had a area outage yesterday and it took some time before the service was restored.   This morning the connection seems to lag on all wired/wireless devices.   looking at the modem signals, I see that I only have 2 downstream channels listed: Index...

Alex4161 by I'm a senior contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ignite TV - Slow WiFi Speeds

500mbps ignite internet is at 30/20 wifi, >500mbps ethernet   Hey, we are on the ignite 500/20mbps ignite TV plan which was installed recently. The only problem we have is that the router is giving 30/20 wifi speeds, while Ethernet is more than 500/2...

Rogers Ignite Gigabit Very... very Slow Speeds

I live on the Hamilton Mountain, and I just subscribed to Rogers from Bell. My Rogers speeds on Gigabit have never been more than 45-50mbs. Mostly, it's 10-24mbs. Rogers speed tests usually show 900mbs-1gbs, but speedof.me shows 300mbs. MY wifi shows...

ToxikRick by I plan to stick around
  • 88 replies
  • 1 likes
Labels