Internet
Got questions about your modem, router, speeds or WiFi?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

We are done

Internet service sketchy at best reached out suggested a new modem.  No change.  Fast forward a few months we called again as now tv stalling as well. A tech was booked and said issue at pole not house and someone would be there same day (Friday) or ...

Ktkel by I've been around
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Slow speeds on Ignite 1.5

Hi all,   Just got Rogers Ignite 1.5. Speeds are no where near what I expected - typically around 2-300 mbps. The absolute max I get is 600mbps when Im right beside the router. Rogers sent me the older XB6. Do I need a new modem or change some settin...

KameronMD by I've been here awhile
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Internet. Speeds

Why is our internet speed always around 100 or less when we are paying for 500 . . . And why does my iPad say the connection has poor security. . . And why does  our  router keep dropping our connection?  Do we need a new router or is it something el...

Screenshot_20231125-165522_Speedtest.jpg
Kmc2 by I've been here awhile
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Internet Faster, Yet Slower Than Bell In An Important Area

Had our new router installed on Wednesday, November 15, 2023. Right off the bat I had higher latency in games compared to Bell, which is annoying since it now feels like I'm playing on a different server entirely. No point in having faster internet i...

Safwaan by I've been here awhile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Horrible upload speeds in the evenings (from 35 mbps tp 2 mbps)

Hi there,    After looking through the forums, I see that a lot of people in the Richmond Hill and Markham areas are seeing drops in their internet. I live in the Maple/Vaughan area and around 7pm - 10:30pm there appears to be congestion on the netwo...

abcd14 by I've been here awhile
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Extremely slow speed downtown Ottawa

I've been having issues with intent speed for the last few days in Centretown Ottawa. My current internet package is 1Gbps and I usually get 300Mbps on my phone but for the last few days (since Friday) my speed has gone down to 4Mbps. I've rebooted m...

HamKhat by I've been here awhile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ignite 1.5 Gigabit package averaging 500Mb

Hi Everyone, I subscribed to the 1.5Gb package around the new year and was receiving close to 900Mb when wired directly.  This made sense since my devices only support 1000mb and I was using cat5e or cat6 cables.  However, when running simultaneous s...

glanchbery by I plan to stick around
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow Speeds on Ignite Gateway

I recently set up my new Ignite Internet Gateway, and now my download speeds are way down to 50 Mbps, prior to setting up the new gateway/modem, I was getting 250 Mbps on average, so I asked the question do I still need to use my router ??   *** Edit...

bfishwick by I've been around
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Rogers Ignite Gigabit - UNLTD throttled at 320 Mbps down 50 Mbps up

I've been a Rogers customer since the late 80's, have had this particular Internet service for at least 7 years, but have recently had issues with Internet outages. So I thought I should investigate what was happening and used http://rogers.com/speed...

jandrews by I plan to stick around
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ignite Internet & my LAN

Hi All,   I just got my Rogers Ignite 1.5 GB Internet package, but I am not getting the speeds I was told I would get. Here is how my current setup is, and the speeds I am getting with downloads.   I have a LAN that uses 192.168.0.1 as my router's ad...

shedrock by I plan to stick around
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Varying Speed After Getting XB6 Modem/Router

Hello,Last month Rogers sent me an XB6modem/router and I was asked to throw away my Shaw Hintron router. Eversince I have installed this XB6 I am getting variable speeds on my 300mbps plan. I have measured speeds all the way down to 6 mbps on wifi! I...

NP999 by I've been around
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ignite Gigabit upgrade lower speed than my 500 plan!

Hi all, I had no issue with my 500 mbps plan (speeds of 420 plus) however i took a promotion to cut costs and was offered the gigabit internet and now can't reach 300 mbps   Happened as soon as the agent flipped the switch, same variables. I had test...

sqottawa by I plan to stick around
  • 19 replies
  • 2 likes

Internet Speeds Dropped Recently

I am not sure what happened, I was originally on the 1Gbps plan, which I was getting max speeds pretty much all the time. I got upgrade to 1.5Gbps and was getting 1.8Gbps as well, but I'd say for about a week and half now, my speeds are not reaching ...

thuynh01 by I plan to stick around
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Resolved! Device not connecting to the internet

We have switched from Fido to Rogers a couple of weeks ago and ever since then one of our macbooks is having trouble connecting to the internet. We called tech support last week and all was fine until today when the problem started happening again. -...

Resolved! Extremely slow speeds, intermittent, for several days - Ottawa

Hi, I've been experiencing very slow speeds for a number of days now, dropping what's supposed to be a gigabit plan down to under 10Mbps in some cases. Right now I'm at about 1Mbps. I'm struggling to load this webpage, much less media or anything for...

Tempystral by I plan to stick around
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Rx Issues in Area?

Hi all,  Since last week, I've started to get really bad lag spikes while gaming. I'm getting this on all PCs in the house (connected via ethernet direct to modem). Internet speeds and latency are fine when checking speedtest, but every so often the ...

Hayk by I've been around
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Speed Tests

Upload Speed is Faster than Download Speed: Not just Rogers Speedtest but other Rogers sites and even Bell Cda not so fast at 49.2 down. Surprisingly Fibernetics clocked in at 355.23, CIRA in at 280. Guess there is a lot of Ignite TV activity usin...

230619 Rogers speedtest.jpg
FredGarvin by I plan to stick around
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! 1.5gbps service less reliable than 100mbps?

Hi i recently got Ignite 1.5gbps internet service and I'm finding the speed to be inconsistent and that i have semi-frequent internet disconnects. Previously i has 100mbps service through a reseller that was rock solid using the same cable lines. I h...

Georgr by I'm here a lot
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow Speeds

Rogers upgraded my speeds to 1.5 Gb the modem is hardwired to tcplink AC11000 .I log into router run speed test from router I get 720 Mbps consistently .Not seeing anything close to 1.5 kind of a marketing scam if they can’t offer the speeds advertis...

User0549 by I plan to stick around
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
Labels