cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming fees for the new Shaw 27GB BYOD plan

brgruber
I've been around

Hello, I'm a new Rogers customer that migrated from Shaw 25GB plan to the new Rogers' "Shaw 27GB BYOD" plan. I can see in 'My Plan Details' that I have:

• Unlimited Canada+US Calling (to/from)
  • Unlimited International Text, Picture and Video Messages
  • Access your data from Canada+US
  • Roam Like Home

So, I'm confused. It mentions access to my data and voice in the US, but also mentions Roam Like Home. I'm planning to visit the US next month. If I use my Rogers data there and make/receive calls, will I be charged extra fees for this or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Roaming fees for the new Shaw 27GB BYOD plan

RogersYasmine

Greetings @brgruber ! A warm welcome to Rogers and to our community forums! We hope you like it here. 🙂

If you have a Shaw to Rogers migrated price plan which includes Canada, U.S and in some cases, Mexico coverage, then you should not be billed any roaming fees while travelling in these destinations.  Roam Like Home is not included in any Shaw plans. Pay Per Use charges will occur for any locations outside of the US (and Mexico, if applicable).

For more info on how our Roam Like Home program works, please feel free to check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersYasmine

Greetings @brgruber ! A warm welcome to Rogers and to our community forums! We hope you like it here. 🙂

If you have a Shaw to Rogers migrated price plan which includes Canada, U.S and in some cases, Mexico coverage, then you should not be billed any roaming fees while travelling in these destinations.  Roam Like Home is not included in any Shaw plans. Pay Per Use charges will occur for any locations outside of the US (and Mexico, if applicable).

For more info on how our Roam Like Home program works, please feel free to check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

If Roam like Home is NOT included in any Shaw plan, what about "Rogers Connection" credit card holder?

The card holder can enjoy free 5 days Roam Like Home which provided by Rogers Credit card?

My cell is migrated from Shaw and I have Rogers connection Mastercard holder.

Hello @Jay3737,

Thanks for joining us in the Rogers community and great question! 🙂

When reviewing the terms and conditions of the offer, it doesn't appear that you would be entitled to the 5 free Roam Like home days with your Rogers Connections Mastercard, unless you are on an eligible Rogers wireless price plan that includes the Roam Like Home service.

Just to be certain, you may want to reach out directly to our Rogers Bank team for further clarification. They may be reached by telephone at: 1-855-775-2265 (or collect at 1-705-522-7412 if you are outside Canada and the U.S.).

Kind regards,
RogersYasmine

Can I please just get a final confirmation that if I am on the Shaw 27gb BYOD plan that I can travel to the states and use data without incurring roaming charges? I’m still not sure I understand the difference of what I have to “Roam like home” since you are indicating that is NOT included?  I’m travelling to the states tomorrow and want to ensure I won’t be charged for roaming if I turn it on. Thanks!

Hello, @Aims021.

Welcome to our Community!

We are glad you have joined this thread; it's an excellent thought to confirm the plan's features before travelling. The quickest way to know about your plan is through the MyRogers app. The plan details are listed on the plan tab. If you need further clarification on your plan's features, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can access your account. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

KF64
I've been around

I have the same plan and the same questions.  Leaving for the USA in a couple of weeks, and curious as to how that worked out for you?  Did you pay any roaming charges for data?  TIA. 

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation