ytv

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

ytv

why can't I get YTV (channel 25) on my basic cable package anymore?

***Edited Labels***

I'm an Advisor

Re: ytv

Hello,

As per https://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/TV/ChannelList-Ontario_en.pdf, YTV is included with basic cable. 

Are you not receiving it? What cable box / equipment do you have?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Looking on the Rogers website, I don't see YTV included in Basic TV

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/ptvBrowsePackagesFlowBegin?forwardTo=landing

Can't say if this is something new or not.  When Rogers removes channels from your package, they're supposed to inform you on your monthly bill.  Are you sure you weren't getting 25 as analog before and now it's gone because it's digital? A lot of people were getting analog channels they weren't subscribed to because Rogers stopped putting blocking filters on the cable with the transition to digital.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

Hello @OLDYELLR,

Look at the PDF I linked to, which is from the Rogers website. According to it, YTV is included in basic cable. 

I'm an Advisor

Hello,

More info: When clicking on "Channels" and looking for YTV, it is showing as being included in "Basic TV":

image.png

@marluc1, I suggest you call Rogers at 1-888-ROGERS-1 and ask them to clarify why you are not getting YTV - as per the above, you are supposed to. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@robindp That's interesting that the PDF has YTV and the link I posted doesn't. Maybe it's a change that Rogers just made in the last week, because the PDF is a week old. But I would suggest the OP call Rogers and ask about it. It's not the first time I've seen channels removed from packages without a relative reduction in price.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unless they are talking of the SKINNY BASIC?