whole home pvr not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

whole home pvr not working

So I'm having ANOTHER issue with rogers serices, I know not really a surprise anymore, I have the whole home pvr and the little house icon is on yet the nextbox (not the pvr box) shows that there are no recordings even though the pvr has about 6 shows on it. I've unplugged and rebooted both boxes still nothing

*** Edit Labels***

I'm a Regular

Re: whole home pvr not working

I can't wait until Bell fibe is all set up in my area and I can get away from Rogers

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Assuming you were able to see them before?

Rebooting will often fix it, but you said you've tried it.

Other than that, it's often signal issue between the two boxes. Could be something as simple as a bad cable or spitter to the other TV. (Signal may be good enough for the tv but not the more advanced communications like the whole home)

My brother in law has fibe and likes it, OTHER than the their remote TV/pvr functionality. Watching tv on the remote TV uses up one of the pvr tuners. Their remote boxes run off of wifi between them and he is in an apartment with a TON of interference. Bad signal even in the next room.
So it may not be without its problems as well in some situations.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi, @mike017

I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. We need to do further troubleshooting by checking your signals. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

@Gdkitty, Thanks for your help! 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the exact same issue.  My HD Digital box is not showing the house icon and not showing any of the shows that are saved on the nextbox 3.0 upstairs.  "Recorded Shows" is blank even thought the pvr upstairs has a bunch of shows on it. Tried re-booting three times. Any suggestions appreciated.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @mackinni,

I will send you a PM via @CommunityHelps. I will also need to run a signal test on your lines if you've already tried rebooting the box. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@mike017 wrote:

So I'm having ANOTHER issue with rogers serices, I know not really a surprise anymore, I have the whole home pvr and the little house icon is on yet the nextbox (not the pvr box) shows that there are no recordings even though the pvr has about 6 shows on it. I've unplugged and rebooted both boxes still nothing

*** Edit Labels***

I'm assuming that it did work and currently is not working.

I get that once in a while, where a reboot does not immediately fix.  I just leave it alone and if fixes itself in about a day.  I think that reccording another show on the actual PVR is what causes a resync with the other box.

Try that and let us know if it fixes itself after about a day.