weather channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

weather channel

Hi and thanks for this opportunity! There was a weather channel I got a few months ago. FAVORITES that I used to love is a disaster nowadays, just 'limit channels' which is always totally confusing, and doesn't work like the old - click to next favorite anyway:

I can't find the weather channel! I've done search, done up-channel all day, I can't see the weather channel! Is this another 'upgrade?' Now we humans don't deserve our technology to tell us what dangers there are? We can't even know the weather now?????

WHERE IS THE WEATHER CHANNEL

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: weather channel

@Teo4:

Repeated presses of the "Guide" button will cycle you through all of your channels or your favourites.

I assume you're asking about The Weather Network. TWN is channel 23 in Toronto.  I believe it's channel 21 in Ottawa.  TWNHD is channel 586.  Hope this helps.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

@Teo4:

Repeated presses of the "Guide" button will cycle you through all of your channels or your favourites.

I assume you're asking about The Weather Network. TWN is channel 23 in Toronto.  I believe it's channel 21 in Ottawa.  TWNHD is channel 586.  Hope this helps.

As an aside, whatever Weather Network channel you choose, they're ALL in HD now.

The lower number channel shows only weather info for your area.  TWNHD on 586 scrolls thru conditions for the entire country.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lurker:

Thanks for the reminder. I never look at the TV for weather any more - always online, where I have many more choices as well and I don't need to wait for a specific location or information such as radar.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,  If you mean the weather on TV, if you are in Toronto, it is on channel 22.  Or I get weather on CTV TV channel 8 at noon, 6 pm or 11 pm. O if you like more detailed weather for Toronto (or whatever city you live in)  I like The Weather Network on the Internet. Just type Toronto weather network in Google. It gives a lot of details about the daily forecast, 7 day forecast and 14 day forecast.  I don't know if this information is what you are looking for, but hope it helps.

M.   

I Plan to Stick Around

I tooootally thank you all! I saw the answer yesterday morning but then checked it last night and you are right, it is 22 I think here in toronto so I'm happy!

I guess my issue is how come in search I typed in weather and it NEVER CAME UP??????

You guys are great and I knew the answer would be here! Thanks googols!

Happy camper,

Teo

😉

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Teo4

Actually channel 22 is right in your case, but depends what area you live in, in Toronto or surrounding areas. According to the TV Channel Guide in Toronto Star Week magazine which comes with Toronto star newspaper on Saturdays,

in their Channel guide they list Rogers as having 4 different groups/areas  in Toronto and area, such as Rogers 1 (R3) covers Markham/Pickering/ Richmond Hill/ Scarborough. I am in that group, so the TV channel for weather for me is channel 22. If you are in R1 for example,it covers Etobicoke Mississauga, Toronto, York, Ajax, Whitby/Oshawa, which could be a different weather channel number. As to how you couldnt find "weather" did you type "Toronto weather? At any rate you seem to have found what you were looking for now, so that's good.

M.   

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I am getting this channel breaking up yet the signal levels are within spec and no errors or uncorrected bytes according to page 5 of the 8300HD box.  

Are there some transmission issues happening?  I an in East Toronto

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @mahomed,

There are no reports of transmission issues occuring out of the East end of Toronto. Is the issue still persisting?

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Good Morning,

It appears the issue was resolved this morning. 

thanks

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 in conversation