two TV's, 2 subcription fee???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

two TV's, 2 subcription fee???

Just curious as we were given digital adapters, I was just wondering why it is good only for the local channels. If I want to watch the other channels which I am subscribed to, do I need to pay extra for the additional TV?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: two TV's, 2 subcription fee???

I am not sure what you are asking. To my understanding, the digital adapters are provided to customers who subscribe to basic cable. With the phasing out of analogue, the previous analogue channels will be converted to digital. That is all you get. If you wish more, you will have to subscribe to them and also need to rent or purchase a digital box.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=search&Ntt=digital+adapter

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For the time being till fully phased out, you can pay for up to a certian # of analog channels.

As this is converted to digital, you can choose to subscibe to the same sets of channels, as well as even more available with the digital.

You also need to rent a box, for each TV that you wish to have access to these digital channels.

So currently, you could rent one digital box, and get all the digital channels, etc... and still plug one in regular and receive analog, but will only get the limited channels.

I've Been Here Awhile

I subscribed to vip package with additional channels packages which can all be viewed using the original hd cable receiver. With the installation of the digital box on the other tv, we can only watch the basic channels. What happened to my other channels?
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi soojin01.

Call Rogers Customer Service. We paid for 4 outlets and we subscribe to the VIP HD Package plus Fairchild (Chinese) TV.

As long as each TV has a digital box connected to it, we can view all channels.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm wondering if it's the # of outlets was set wrong or something, you should get the same on all of them. I agree on calling.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I also believe the cable package you subscribe to also matters.  analog packages vs digital packages are different.  analog packages you are likely not paying the 2.99 DSF, thus your lineup might reflect that.   But yes the number of outlets you are entitled to is set by your package.

I've Been Around

I hear ya I only want to watch channel 13 and I was wondering if I have to order basic cable or just use a digital adapter?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To watch ANY form.. you will need a digital box of SOME form.
The Digital Adapter, is the most basic form if it, and would cover that channel.

As for GETTING that channel..

Now as for getting thet channel, etc.
You can not subsribe to just one channel.  Even as the FULL pick and pay comes out by the end of the year, there is still a BASE package that you need to subscribe to (then can add others ontop).
(this is CRTC mandated.. so its not even Rogers, Bells, etc fault)

Now, not sure what your channel 13 is? (I think mines global).
As long as its part of the skinny basic, thats all you would have to subscribe to.
http://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/starter-package

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is the DTA50'S Compatible with the pick and pay channels