the user interface is currently not available

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

the user interface is currently not available

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this error?  I've been without any cable service since this past Thursday.  I've opened 2 work tickets now for this problem.  Both times, I'm told Rogers will contact me via email, text or call and I'm still waiting.  And I've exchanged the box twice now.

I have the Cisco Nextbox Explorer 8600HD box which keeps rebooting itself every few minutes to no avail.

Thanks.

Z.

***Edited Labels***

Re: the user interface is currently not available

Hello, @Zeeman28a

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. Since you have mentioned exchanging the box twice, it doesn't seems like box issue. We can focus on the connection cables, how do you connect the box to your TV? Are you using an HDMI cable?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Zeeman28a:

Have you called Rogers and have them check your signal?  They can do this remotely. Poor quality signal in your home or in your neighbourhood is the source of many of the issues discussed on this forum.  If they find a poor signal, they will need to send a technician to your location.

Do you have any other STBs (set top boxes) at your home that are working?  If so, have you tried swapping the locations so that the 8600 is at the working location?

I've Been Here Awhile

I have 5 other boxes in my house. I have tried 2 other boxes on my cable and they work. I have tried my box in another location and it doesn't work.

They have checked the signal strength and it's fine.  I connect to my TV via HDMI cable, but I have also tried connecting with co-ax and the component.  Same issue.

As far as I am concerned, the issue is most likely the provisioning of the box on their end.  I read something about the new guide gui and these older boxes with older firmware on them.  Was thinking that was the issue as well.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes and both times, I was told to change the box and now they have escalated the issue and I am supposed to wait for an email, text or call from them.

I received an email from Rogers today asking me to fill out a feedback survey to see how they did. They haven't done anything as far as I am concerned.

I'll see if it works when I get home today.  Box has been plugged in since yesterday afternoon.

If you call up Rogers tech support now, they have a recording on their support line for this issue.  But they haven't been able to solve it in a weeks  time?

I've Been Here Awhile

Well, I had a nice surprise when I got home. I have cable again. Rogers finally fixed whatever was wrong. WOuld be nice if they told us what was wrong and/or what they did to fix it.
I've Been Around

Just had Rogers techs walk out my door after installing 4K NextBox. Watching regular HD channels on box, then screen went blank and this posted error showed up

Hello, @curlyandshemp

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. Are you still seeing the same error message on the screen? Most likely the box received an update and it needed a power cycle. Please update the Community so that we can discuss the next step, thank you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin