taping shows question

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

taping shows question

sometimes when I tape something after it has already started it actually tapes it from the beginning and I like that

but sometimes it doesn't

is there some way to always tape from the beginning ???

thanks

anne_fred

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: taping shows question

if you were ON that channel watching already... it is actually 'recording' some of that while you are there.. its what allows you to rewind live tv, etc.. so if you then choose to specfically record it.. it will have that buffer back, and be able to then record the whole thing in the regular PVR listing.

Unfortunately, the info pushed out is not a on demand type of thing.
When you have a cable box connected.. there is technicaly EVERY channel being pushed out to you, all at the exact same time, all playing whatever is on them live... and you are just tuning into whichever one.
Its not when you change to that channel, they start pushing just that one to you sort of thing.

I Plan to Stick Around

thank you it is confusing because sometimes I have been 1/2 thru a show and want to tape the rest and it tapes it from the beginning
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Were you WATCHING that show already, then chose to tape it?
Because as i mentioned.. if you were, its carying over the live recording for rewinding.

Never seen it do it on one you just started recording 1/2 way through randomly.

I'm a Senior Advisor

When watching on my TVs with the PVRs, I almost never watch live, just recordings, so I can't say how far back the buffer goes if I was watching live and chose to record because I had to leave.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Reliable Contributor

If youi don't want to record from the beginning switch to different channel, then switch back and then start recording,
I Plan to Stick Around

nooooo
what I am saying is in the past when I am watching a show and have to go out and don't want to miss the ending I tape it
but notice it starts from the beginning even though I taped it in the middle
does that make sense?
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I know what you are saying.

This is because as Gdkitty says:

if you were ON that channel watching already... it is actually 'recording' some of that while you are there.. its what allows you to rewind live tv, etc.. so if you then choose to specfically record it.. it will have that buffer back, and be able to then record the whole thing in the regular PVR listing.

To get around that, switching to a different channel causes the PVR to clear the buffering, then when you switch back the buffering starts all over and if you then start to record you will only record the remaining part of the show,

Let us know if that helps.

I Plan to Stick Around

this message board is bad too

you can't just reply

you have to log in then it doesn't take you to the message

c'mon Rogers

but thank you for your helpSmiley Indifferent

I'm a Senior Advisor

@anne_fred wrote:

this message board is bad too

you can't just reply

you have to log in then it doesn't take you to the message

c'mon Rogers

but thank you for your helpSmiley Indifferent

Yes, I agree it's bad. It won't log you in automatically and won't take you to the message after you do it yourself.  Before Rogers made all the changes to the forum, it was a bit better, but still not as easy and simple as all the other forum software out there. Maybe it's the same crew that's working on theNextbox 3.0 software.

Spoiler
Smiley Embarassed

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario