slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

Hello @josephus1,

I have a NextBox 3 and the channel changes are fast, with fast response times for other functions (navigating guide, recordings list, etc).

Have you called Rogers (1-888-ROGERS-1) to report the issue? The phone rep will check signal quality to your cable box, and dispatch a technician to your home if needed.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks @robindp though I'm not sure it's a signal issue (especially since everyhting esle works well.). A reboot fixes it, but after a month it starts to happen again, and it happens gradually. Other forums (this happens to others) suggest this might be a memory leak. But next time it happens I will call and see if they are aware of the problem.

I'm an Advisor

Souds good, @josephus1.  Just a heads up - I have had my box since Feb 2015 and have not seen this issue (but I see that others on the forum have).

Please keep us updated on your progress, I am very interested in hearing how this turned out for you.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, we are experiencing the same issues. Slow response creeps up to a point where a reboot is required. At times it gets to the point where we can't set a record for an upcoming program. I think it has to do with the age of our Nextbox 8642HD. I'm going to ask for an upgrade to a newer box.
I'm an Advisor

@Noosphere wrote:
Yes, we are experiencing the same issues. Slow response creeps up to a point where a reboot is required. At times it gets to the point where we can't set a record for an upcoming program. I think it has to do with the age of our Nextbox 8642HD. I'm going to ask for an upgrade to a newer box.

Hello @Noosphere,

I also have the 8642HD (NextBox 2) and am experiencing a drastic slow down, which improves slightly after a reboot. That said, I have never had problems scheduling a recording. 

If you can get an upgrade to a NextBox 3, go for it! It can record up to 8 programs at once, can store more programs, and is much faster - a great upgrade. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Even for the previous guide.. the 8642 is SEVERELY underpowered 😞

While some users have reported some wierd slowdowns on the NB3 (9865), most have been fine from what i have seen.  Its definately a TON faster.

I Plan to Stick Around

Is it normal to have to wait about three or four seconds after pressing the green "list" button before the list comes up on the screen?  This seems crazy.  And when I press record it also takes about three or four seconds before anything happens.  It is like working with a very slow computer.  When I change channels, it is immediate.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I don't know that it is normal but I do experience the same delays. To record a show seem to take forever between the time I select record and confirm settings and when the little red dot shows up. A little annoying but nothing I can't live with.

Just out of interest, the next time I set up a recording I think I will time the procedure from start to finish.
I'm an Advisor

Hello @1234444w43,

That's about the same response that I get - I have whole home PVR with 2 PVRs on it. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I feel the same. Absolutely agree 100 per cent with you. Rogers isn't listening!