slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

Hello Stajan

IF you are having issues with it & now seeing as you are not able to downgrade, i suggest getting the Nextbox 3.0 box. It may be a bit more on the cost but its worth it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Wouldn't it make more sense to optimize updates to run smooh on all devices?   feels like putting windows 8 on a XP machine..   if the box can't handle the upgrade  it shouldn't be upgraded.

I recieved one box for free  when i switched to Rogers from "Another Service"    and the other is a rental.

i just find it strange that channel surfing was instant,   now a 3-5 second black screen delay after a update.     

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Stajan

Do remember tho, the 4642 box has older technology then the 3.0 update. Thus it may make the box slower & have issues.They could be having issues adding the new update to the 4642 box in which causes problems.
I Plan to Stick Around

well then it shouldn't recieve the 3.0 update...    my box was running perfectly fine..

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Stajan

That is something you need to tell Rogers, not me lol. You either have a choice of keeping the box as is & seeing if they will fix it within another update OR get a Nexbox3.0 ( 9865 box).
I Plan to Stick Around

I know meowmix,     i have talked to rogers    

My posts are Community Based not directed at you Smiley Happy

I've Been Around

I wish we could use TIVO in Canada.  

I Plan to Stick Around

We replaced our ancient/slow Nextbox 2.0's with 3.0's about 4 months ago. They were slow to begin with, but over time the response time has been getting even slower and slower. It is to the point that you have to wait up to 20 seconds for the guide to appear, and 20 seconds per key press to do anything. That along with the fact that the remote has to be pointed so exactly at the box or it won't see a key press.... well you know it becomes almost impossible to use. So now if I want to watch yesterdays recording of Jimmy Fallon, I have to budget up to 4 minutes of frustration and swearing. So when is the Nexbox 77 due out? I need something that doesn't run like the original IBM PC trying to run Vista...

Anybody else have this problem? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have a NB3, got it within the first week that the units were available.

It seems to be running fine, not slow at all.  Guide takes about a second to come up, but everything else is very quick.

(no where near 20 seconds).

Sounds like possibly something is up with the Box... (or even possibily the remote).
Guessing you've tried swaping batteries?  I know when our is about dead, requires multiple presses to get something to work.
Could always take it in, and swap the remote as well for free (before doing anything more with the box).

Have you done a full reboot on the unit yet?

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply kitty.

Yes I always check the batteries if the remotes aren't working well. I have 3 and all have good batteries. Sometimes I have to remove and reinstall the batteries as the remotes stop communicating with either box. Both Nextboxes are slow. The one downstairs is usually 'ok'. The one upstairs is just plain super slow. Boggles the mind what the box is doing when I just try to scroll down an item on my record list, and it has to think for 10-20 seconds. Likely the software updates are just too much for the hardware.

I'm temped to use my ancient Explorer 3200 which works 100X faster than the new boxes. Would save me money too...