slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

Anyone out there experiencing unusually slow response from your nextbox?
It was slow enough before but lately it's waaaaay crappier. Their crack team of coders have outdone themselves yet again.
I'm seriously thinking about Bell if they dont fix this soon. My friend's Bell tv is way more responsive and I cant see any quality difference. Why am I paying their humungous bill for service??

**edited for content**

***Edited labels***
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

While some users have exprienced slower response prior to this (myself have not experienced to the lvl some others have) this last update has slowed things definately.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I too have noticed a slower response the last few days and today it seemed seemed even slower. Trying to use the search feature was a painstaking experience,
I've Been Around

I've claimed to have "had it" with Rogers on several occasions for the past couple of years, but the Nextbox may be the end of it for me. There's no excuse for responsiveness that slow with technology where it is. Rogers is clueless about the user experience of their customers. Either that or they simply don't care. In any case I may be going to (ugh) Bell soon.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Mine is annoyingly slow as well. I find it rediculous to think that someone would choose to deploy software upgrades that would sacrifice performance, responsiveness and overall user experience for a few bells and whistles. We've gone without these "bells and whistles" for many years and I feel that they don't provide much value at all. Aside from the HD guide and a different layout, I couldn't tell you what the bells and whistles are. All I know is that my user experience is worse as a result of new software upgrades. I don't know who the product manager is, but someone is making some poor decisions. It's sad to think that as a consumer I'd prefer to revert back to a previous version because my experience has gotten worse with a new version.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

As I mentioned in another thread the problems seems to have been corrected.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From a source, apparently there was a fix pushed put out to help correct the slughishness.  May not have fixed any of the other problems, but hopefuly have fixed some of the slowness, at least the EXTRA slowness that was just recently added.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yup. Your source is correct. The update that was pushed out was infact to fix the lag & problems that people had when trying to change a channel or viewing the guide & getting lag. Tech support level 2 & Manager has confirmed this as well. They said they are going to keep pushing out updates like this within the next few weeks but could not give me a exact date.
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know about anyone else but today (Nov 14), the response time is ridiculous.  I counted anywhere from 15-20 seconds and sometimes longer when trying to access the guide, get info on a show, change channels, etc.  Is anyone else having this issue today?

I've Been Around

yep the response time has always been stupidly slow but it's been getting unbearable this week.  So many times we push buttons and nothing happens, we think maybe we didn't push them hard enough so we try again, only to have the whole thing react all at once many seconds later.   

Another problem we have, but may be remote-related... our remote seems to "forget" when we've selected "CBL" and keeps switching to "AUX" so you can have successfully selected a show in the guide, be watching said show and then decide to go to check the guide or do anything else cable box related, and nothing happens because the remote has self-selected "AUX".   We have to press incredibly hard on the "CBL" button to get it to light up/enable again.   

Overall not impressed with the Rogers TV service, from the responsiveness of the netbox to the remote itself... seems total crap.