slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

very slow response with Cisco NextBox PVR 9865 

I am amazed no one has used this forum to complain about poor remote response when using an auxiliary terminal into the PVR.

I had slow response via my other three terminals into the previous PVR.

I return and replaced with this one. Same problem.

I have talked with friends with Bell service and their remote response is immediate.

Something wrong with Rogers terminals connecting to a NextBox PVR ... and few users are complaining.

We get no improvement without complaining!

Have you found a solution? Have you complained to Rogers tech support? If not, why not?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The 9865 on its own is not slow. It responds to most button presses almost as fast as you can press buttons.  I assume you're talking about WHPVR (Whole Home PVR).  The other boxes can sometimes mean that the response is a bit slow.  I suggest you put the 9865 on the TV location that you use the most so that you can utilize it directly, rather than via other boxes, like the 4642 or 8642, which are slow.

A recent firmware update may make these older boxes respond a bit more quickly, but don't expect miracles, especially with WHPVR.  Rogers WHPVR is totally different from Bell's IPTV. Rogers will be implementing IPTV later this year.  You can see discussions on these topics in previous threads.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Updates-to-the-Navigatr-TV-Guide-Version-6-6-0-0120/m-p/4191...

I Plan to Stick Around

Thx for the quick reply.
I have tried everything to make the other terminals work faster.
The latest firmware update has not happened. Not expecting appreciable improvement from it.
Hopefully, the new architecture (IPTV) happens before many customers leave.
For the monthly fees charged (approx $73, in my case), for the PVR and other terminals, customers should demand more from Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

Extremely slow nextbox

I did a search and found nothing in this topic...astounding!
The new Navigator update works very quickly which emphasises the slow speed of the attached HD receivers.
My Bell friends tell me their non PVR receivers work as fast as their PVR.
Why are you not complaining?
Rogers will not improve performance unless forced ... the problem within a non competitive system (do you know the word "collusion").

I Plan to Stick Around

Doing a little test on Rogers just advertised Share-a-Concern function (outlined in their recent customer bill).
I want senior mgmt response to poor functionality of HD terminals with HDPVR terminals.
Bell seems to have no problem.
Will update this post, as it happens.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am pleased to report the share-a-concern communication vehicle appears to work.
I received a call from the president's office offering a possible solution; replace my 3 HD terminals with 4k terminals.
The service person arrived a couple of days later and easily made the switch.
I had previously been informed (tech support) the 4k terminals wouldn't help but there is no longer a delay when pressing any function on the HD terminals.
If you have this problem, inform tech support of this solution.