slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

Again though the nb3 shouldn't be that way. It is fast if not faster than 3000 series.

Is this at any time of the day or a specific time?
(Thinking nightly update time)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not time specific.

I've Been Here Awhile

Same problem here.  Deteriorated over the last couple days with the remote taking longer and longer to change channels.  It would often jump to other numbers I had not pushed.    Installed new batteries.  Unplugged the netbox for an hour, with no change.  Finally grabbed a can of Canadian Tire Electronic Cleaner  (removes oil and other films from electronic equipment) and liberally sprayed the buttons on the remote.     Remote works fine now.   Delay is gone 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@tache did you just spray the remote from the outside, or disassemble it and clean the actual contact surfaces? In my experience, once a remote is worn to the point where it needs cleaning, you'll have to clean it more and more frequently as the conductive coating wears away. Rogers should exchange a malfunctioning remote for a new one at the store.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello Oldyeller,

It may be a temporay fix, but I just sprayed the buttons on the remote and then went to another room away from the TV and massaged the buttons.   Did not disassemble.   Worked immediately when I walked back to the TV.    Used  Motomaster Electronic Cleaner  38-1740-4,  which I also use on PCB boards etc.    Probable cause was a build up of  oil from fingers. 

Saved a trip to the Rogers store for now

Tache

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @tache,

Thanks for sharing! Glad to know the electronic cleaner ended up fixing this issue. Hope it's still working fine. I haven't really recommended this to customers previously but great suggestion. Definitely worth a try Smiley Happy

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

NP...I suspect the cleaner did not reach the actual electronics, but only cleaned the sheet of rubber buttons, where there must have been a build up of dirt or grease.   Took some time to diagnose it as the symptons were a low battery or some other similar issue.      It was not apparent the buttons were sticking by looking at it.         Still working fine after a week. 

Have a great new year

Tache  

I Plan to Stick Around

i too am experiencing this issue. it was fine 2 days ago but just started being slow yesterday.

I'm Here A Lot

I'm having a slow response time over the last couple days, and it's not remote control related since I switched and the same thing happens. Slow response time. Takes time to change channels. Hitting "List" or "Guide" takes longer to load the corresponding screen.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a netbox 3 with VIP and recently when changing channels it is unbearably slow.It goes from channel to a black screen for a while and then to selected station.What is wrong.This has only been a recent issue, it was always fine before.