slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

I got todays update at 3am,  latest menu guide

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I will have to check mine when i get home.

I'm a Senior Advisor

If you had sleepntimers before today, sounds like you were on the old SARA guide before.  The Nextbox guide has never had sleep timers.

I don't even know if Rogers will reload the old guides on the 4642, as they are now considered part of the Nextbox 3 family, but you can call them and try....

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm getting a Black Screen (lags about 3 seconds) while channeling up and down and lag while using the guide (scrolling down the channel line up mostly)       The old Menu Guide software was so fast. 

It takes longer to switch channels but i have not experienced a drop in Quality. 

This being my first update (that i've noticed)   does rogers apply updates/patches to their boxes on a regular basis?

I Plan to Stick Around

I've called, they said I'm unable to downgrade.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Stajan

They are able to do it on your box. I would suggest calling back & speaking to another tech support agent about it.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Meowmix, Rogers may have changed their policy for 4642s as they re now considered NB 3.0terminals. But only a Rogers rep can confirm that...
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

On another forum, i did hear in the last week or so, someone saying the same.

The policy MAY have changed... people on the old guide, may be able to keep it.. but no more downgrades now 😞

I checked my HD boxes, and both seemed fine where i am.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Lurker

Hmm that could be the reason why people are having issues just like Gdkitty said.

I wonder why tho? The 4642 HD box is just a HD box, not a PVR. Rogers should allow customers with that box & only that box to downgrade if they wish.. It seems another backward step with Rogers on this
I Plan to Stick Around

Cable TV - Tech Support told me last night this is the new "Standard"  

This 3-5 second delay changing channels is strange,   shows a complete black screen then the channel loads..

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats