slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

I learning an interesting thing when I tried out rogers' 150mbps internet service... while I had that speedy internet activated on my account, my nextbox was blazing fast as well. Channel changing/surfing, guide loading, on-demand.. everything loaded superfast without delay. I have a cisco 4642 box. I've since cancelled my rogers internet and switched to bell.. and low and behold... my nextbox is back to delays, takes forever to change channels and load the guide, etc. I had no idea Rogers throttled TV service as well.  If my building maintenance didn't pay for rogers cable, I'd be switching to bell in a heartbeat. I really can't stand this company.

**edited for content**

I'm a Regular

@dankind wrote:

I learning an interesting thing when I tried out rogers' 150mbps internet service... while I had that speedy internet activated on my account, my nextbox was blazing fast as well. Channel changing/surfing, guide loading, on-demand.. everything loaded superfast without delay. I have a cisco 4642 box. I've since cancelled my rogers internet and switched to bell.. and low and behold... my nextbox is back to delays, takes forever to change channels and load the guide, etc. I had no idea Rogers throttled TV service as well.  If my building maintenance didn't pay for rogers cable, I'd be switching to bell in a heartbeat. I really can't stand this company.

Rogers slows down your tv if you don't have their internet? Smiley Surprised

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No, they dont slow the TV with the internet, etc.

The TV and internet, run on completely different frequencies on the TV cable.. seperate networks on the back end, etc.  One doesnt effect another.

Generaly, the 8642, is SLOW.. period.  There have been times, as they have done software updates on it, etc.. it has helped and sped it up.. but generaly.. its slow.  Slower than the older 8300, and slower than the new NB3.  The hardware is just not powerful enough to handle the newer software on it.

If dankind goes and switches to a NB3, he would likely not have an issue, as the box is miles above the 8642 speed wise.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

No they havn't.  Always been slow, still slow.  I wan't the old OSD (menu) back!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

On an 8642, you can contact them and have them downgrade it to the old menu style. (you may just loose some features, if you use them (whole home pvr, caller ID, etc)

If you are on a rental, you can go and swap for a Nextbox 3, which does not have the lag issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

it has slowed down alot today

I Plan to Stick Around

After the update I've been lagging switching channels and using the Menu Guide..    

Anyone else have lag issues?   

Side Note:      Does anyone know where the sleep timer is?  or how to access it.    I can't seem to find it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To help others notice if they hare having this or not.. we would need to know WHICH box you have??

The 8642 netxbox 2 and the 9865 Nextbox 3, do not have a sleep timer.

I Plan to Stick Around

i have a two 4642HD   boxes     they both had sleep timers before the update today.   used it often as i fall alseep to TV

Both are very laggy afer todays update.       

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you on the OLD guide on the 8642? or the new guide?

There has not been any sleep timer on the new guide since it came out (a big complaint)