slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: slower than the usual slow response for nextbox

While still never as fast as the old guide, mine is tonight is just as responsive as normal, not any slower.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Yes noticed that yesterday evening.
At first I ought maybe I had just speeded up, but no it was that wonderful piece of junk my 8642.
I Plan to Stick Around

I ended up rebooting the box......I've learned that's the first thing to do every time as that's always what Rogers tells me to do....and it seems to have got things moving quicker.  You'll notice I say "quicker" rather than "fast" since nothing about Nextbox moves fast!!

As for CBL switching to AUX, I'm glad I'm not alone as I have the same issue!!  I'm getting used to hitting CBL anytime I use the remote.

The newest thing I noticed today is that the sound and the mouth movements don't match up on programs I recorded!  It's like I'm watching a badly dubbed movie in another language!!  I rebooted (of course!) but that didn't help so I'll just try to ignore it and maybe it will go away!

Good times!!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Try changing the batteries in the remote. Mine does that when they get weak.
I've Been Around

I'm just bumping this one up... We recently switched to a 'Nextbox' as well... and I can't STAND it...

Recording shows was SO much easier… conflicts were ALSO easier to solve... this convoluted 'Record series/Record Show' thing along with the priority sequence of recording makes it terrible to work with... the lag when hitting menu buttons is also terrible... there is at least a 2 – 3 second delay… For a fast clicker… this is unacceptable, and VERY frustrating…

I think the ONLY thing better is the search…

I’d honestly like my OLD PVR back… this thing is bunk…. :/
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

vibealive..

From the sounds of it.. you went from the OLD pvr (the SA8300, the silver colored one?)
To a nexbox.  From the sounds of it though, you have got a nexbox 2.0.  Does it say 8642 on the front?

If so.. take it back to the store.. the nexbox 3.0 just came out.  its the 9865. 
It is night and day with this new box.  It is (well everything is) faster than the 2.0... and many 8300 users who have switched to this new box, even thing it may be faster than the old box.

I'm a Regular

I'm also getting fed up with Rogers, my refirbished scientific atlantic 8300 works fine but the next box 2.0 got so slow and started freezing up regualarly (not to mention lost all channels above 61 for a day) that I was having to reboot it twice a week at a minimum. I got them to exchange it today for the 3.0 (probably a mistake since the newer they are the worse they seem to work) since they wouldn't give me a  old 8300 model and it has been "booting" for almost 2 hrs now and still hasn't finished so I can actually see how it works

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The 8300s are pretty much discontinued.. they havent been handing them out for almost 3 years now i think.
You can still buy them on the shopping channel, (refurb) and still add and use them..  they are just not the current model the yare giving out.

That even goes for the 8642 now (nexbox 2).

The 3.0, seems to need to a number of downloads/restarts, when first starting up.
What is it particularly saying on the front?  Have you tried rebooting it.

Mine, started, did the circling line thing.  THen went to some CDXX codes, 00 to99, restarted, did this again. restarted. go to right before where it did the CD codes before, restarted once more, and was good.  About 30 mins.

I'm an Advisor

My NB 3 did exactly the same thing Gdkitty mentioned when I first turned it on and also took roughly 30 minutes. That was just over 2 weeks ago and the box has not been rebooted since by Rogers, although I have rebooted it a few times myself. So far, it has been working perfectly for the most part.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

My NB3 had this issue like Gdkitty. I posted the same thing on my review when i got it that Tuesday. It took me one reboot & it fixed it self. So less then 10 minutes mine was fine.