recording same time, same day of week, same channel -- different title

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

recording same time, same day of week, same channel -- different title

Hi -- I can't figure out a way to auto record a certain channel/timeslot each week because the titles change.  Specifically, I want set a weekly record for a couple of channels that have movies at the same day/time each week but the listing (movie name) changes each week.  The first PVRs did this no problem.  Now I can't find a way to do it. Thanks for your help! Smiley Happy 

*Edited Labels*

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: recording same time, same day of week, same channel -- different title

@KM1212 : You cannot do what is called "manual recording" using the latest firmware. Yes, this is/was available on SARA firmware for the older boxes.

You will need to set up a single recording each week if the name changes, or perhaps figure out a workaround. For example, if the same programme is on every week before, or after the movie of interest, you can set a series recording for that programme and extend the recording by 3 hours, either before, or after that recording depending.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: recording same time, same day of week, same channel -- different title

Good thought -- thanks!  Unfortunately there are movies on either side of the movie times I am after so your work around won't work in this instance. But I will keep it in mind in case it works another time.  Thanks again