"not currently authorized to view this channel".

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

"not currently authorized to view this channel".

Starting on Friday, one of our PVR's gave this message on every channel.

Now today, another one is the same, in a totally different part of the house.

I have VIP cable,account in good standing, etc.  And main tv/PVR in home is fine.

Any help?

***Edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: "not currently authorized to view this channel".

Hello brenfu

First thing first. Have you tried rebooting the boxes to see if that fixes it? If that did nothing, have you contracted Rogers Cable tech support to see if the boxes are authorized to be used on your account? When that message pops up, it means either the box is not authorized or the channel is not on your package even tho you may have it. Contact them & see if they can fix it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Follow meowmix's instructions, to make sure that everything on the account is still ok... may just need a re-authorization.

Beyond that.. i have seen that message come up with bad signal suprisingly before.
At a friends house, they tried to split one of their lines.. and this then came up on one of the boxes.  Remove the splitter, straight line in.. and it work fine.

So could be something as simple, as one of the splitters in the house, may have just gone.

You can then have rogers come out to check the lines, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ya just re-boot...LOL...I had that happen on Friday when I was trying watch a hockey game...just add to the list of ever growing problems!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

I have followed the instructions that rogers provides online.  The one using the remote through Guide did not work, and when I use their "reset digital box" option, all I get is a message that rogers is "experiencing a system problem, please try again later".

This has been the case since yesterday.  Guess I'm going to have to spend tons of my time on their phone queue trying to get help.

😞

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello brenfu

In that case, You need to call then and see if they need to reauthorize the box or check out ur signals via sending out a tech.
I've Been Here Awhile

I just picked up a Nexrbox 3 PVR and a Nextbox HD box last week and I've got a problem. When I initially hooked them up the HD box worked fine. The PVR box gave a "Channel Not Authorized" message. Called into tech support, they sent a signal, and PVR box works fine.

Later that afternoon the HD box started giving "Channel Not Authorized" message. Called into tech support, they tried sending a signal but still getting the message. They sent a tech out, he said signal is fine and gave me a ticket number and said it should be good in 3 days.

4 days later still not working so I grabbed a new box. Same thing. Tech support said I could go exchange a new box again. Anyone ever hear of this?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Usually that message is one of two things.
Either the Bo is not authorized, which is what the people on the phone were likely doing

Otherwise, it's signal to the box causing it.
The the that came out, what and where did he check exactly?

I've Been Here Awhile

He checked the signal. He said the signal is fine. I have moved the PVR to that room and it worked fine. And also tried moving the HD box to the room where the PVR was and the HD box didnt work. So it can't be the signal.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Why i asked.. as there is.. well could be about 10+ spots to check the signal, so just wanting to make sure, that the tech DID do all his work.

(eg: checking outside signal, is no good, when the one line to a particular room, could be bad.  They need to check it at all connections, splitters, ends, etc)

As long as its on the account, and authorized, it should then work, as long as it has a good enough signal and therefore can communicate back, to verify that it is authorized.

Get Ready!