"Choose your provider" Rogers is not there for Fox News

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

"Choose your provider" Rogers is not there for Fox News

Hi and thanks googols for these great forums to solve our issues!

See the attached, why is this asking me to sign in? Why is Rogers not listed here?Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 1.15.26 PM.png

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted

Re: "Choose your provider" Rogers is not there for Fox News

Hi @Teo4,

Thanks for reaching out.  Streaming news is definitely a convenient way to stay informed these days.

It doesn't look like we are on the list of approved partners for Fox News, however, if you are subscribed to the channel as part of your cable package, you should be able to watch it live on Anyplace TV.  

I hope this helps!

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Teo4

The site you are hitting there is the US site, and therefore has only U.S. companies listed.  You will the same thing if you tried to watch many specialty media services.  Most network channels and specialty media services that originate in the U.S. have U.S. sites that require that you have a subscription with a cable or IPTV company or related services.  Rogers is not U.S. so that is why you are not seeing Rogers and that is why you are asked to log in through your provider.

Most U.S. networks, you will get a message if you go to, say, CBS, you will be advised that you are outside the United States and you can't access their video services.  Speciality services require you to log in with an american company, say like Xfinity. 

And some companies like PBS, allow you to watch a limited set of material, no matter where you are located, and don't require you have a cable subscription.

Varies from company to company.

In the channel listings for Rogers Anyplace TV at https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/anyplacetv

go to the bottom of that page for the link.

Fox News is available in your home or outside the home via Anyplace TV apps or on your computer as suggested by the moderator. As long as it is in your channel list, you should be able to watch most TV - that list will tell what you can and can't watch, and whether it is available everywhere outside the home, or not, or just in your home.

Curious to hear from you whether you get it in HD or SD, as it exists on the TV box from Rogers.

Happy watching.

Bruce

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the News package that includes Fox News and I can tell you that it does not show up at all on Anyplace TV app.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Teo4 Thanks for the link! When I go there I'm not asked to choose a provider. I just watch the news. But that's not how I usually get Fox News. I watch Fox News Live on Youtube using my Smart TV.  I've always been disappointed that Rogers does not include Fox News, the number one U.S. cable news channel, in its basic cable, yet includes the left wing CNN, which is number four.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just went to Anyplace on my computer and was able to stream channel 181 without issue.  I also was able to search for "Fox News" using the search at the top right of Anyplace on my computer using the Chrome browser and was able to find "Fox News at Night" which was currently streaming there.

I was not able to stream channel 181 on my iPad though - it gave me an error 700.  Other channels I checked were fine and streamed on my iPad.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Using Chrome on my Windows laptop, I don't see Ch 181 and searching for Fox News only gives me FOX Sports Racing HD. But I don't have a subscription.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR :  As you mentioned, you need to subscribe to that channel. Here's my comment on that in the Anyplace thread.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-Anyplace-TV/m-p/411668#M44599

What complicates matters more is that sometimes, even if you can view a channel on a STB, it doesn't necessarily mean that you can get it on Anyplace - depends on the package you have with Rogers - streaming rights are negotiated separately from "viewing" rights via STBs.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@TheArcher wrote:

I have the News package that includes Fox News and I can tell you that it does not show up at all on Anyplace TV app.

I retract my earlier statement above. When I could not find it on my Anyplace TV app., it was because I was selecting Channel from the Menu and searching the channels that showed up. It is a very limited number.

When I select Guide from the menu and scroll down, channel 181, Fox News is there . When I select it I get live picture but no sound. All other channels I checked have video and sound.

The Fox News picture is in the same SD format as it is on the TV.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TheArcher : I also only got video - no audio on my Chrome browser just now.  Several other channels that I tried were fine.

I tried streaming channel 181 on my iPad again this morning and again got Error 700 (problem with this channel). While most channels did stream, this one and a couple of others did not.