problem erasing a program- Nextbox 3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: problem erasing a program- Nextbox 3

Success!

Glad we could rid your PVR of that pesky corrupt recording.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

I'm Here A Lot

My nextbox 3 works fine for a few days then all of a sudden I have to reboot it. There are also a couple of programs I try to delete but the box starts rebooting. 

I Plan to Stick Around

OK - I'm back with a similar problem.

Yesterday my box started doing random reboots about every five minutes. The tech said I needed a new box - so off to the local Rogers outlet to get one. The box that I got - obviously a refurb - had a non-functioning on/off switch. So - back to the Rogers store for a replacement.

This second one eventually worked but when I checked the lists the recordings were blank but there were a bunch of scheduled things.  They had the frightening "null" displayed beside each. As with the old problem - messing with them in any way made the system freeze - then reboot. This time, after the reboot they were gone. Hurray ! So I started to schedule things.

But not so fast - I went back to the "scheduled " tab about an hour later and not only were my scheduled things there - so were all the old "null" schedules. Again - when I tried to delete or change the schedule I got another reboot. They are still there.

Any ideas? 

I don't mind a factory reset but not at the expense of wiping the other box.

Mike

Another reboot was in order - but they are still there

I'm an Advisor

@1945mdh wrote:

I don't mind a factory reset but not at the expense of wiping the other box.

Mike

Another reboot was in order - but they are still there

Q: Are you using the whole-home thing ?

Dunno how that works, but Factory Reset on one box does not affect a different box.

BTW: What does Rogers do when it "refurbs"  i.e. in addition to  wrapping w. cellophane and giving you new cables ?

I Plan to Stick Around

I did the factory reset thingy and it went through all the usual gyrations. No effect on my wife's box - thank God.

Called Tech support - again - and the nice lady told me she thought I needed a new box. (third one today). She rebooted from her end - the scheduled crap dsappeared. She is going to call me back in about an hour - when I will tell her that they all came back five minutes later.

Another trip to Rogers I guess (sigh)

You must have got a good refurb - mine was just wrapped in cellophane with a new "Terms and Conditions" pamphlet enclosed. No remote or cables.

I'm an Advisor

@1945mdh wrote:

I did the factory reset thingy and it went through all the usual gyrations. No effect on my wife's box - thank God.

Called Tech support - again - and the nice lady told me she thought I needed a new box. (third one today). She rebooted from her end - the scheduled crap dsappeared. She is going to call me back in about an hour - when I will tell her that they all came back five minutes later.

Another trip to Rogers I guess (sigh)

You must have got a good refurb - mine was just wrapped in cellophane with a new "Terms and Conditions" pamphlet enclosed. No remote or cables.

I wonder what if any testing they do b 4 putting them back on the shelf.

My refurb was scratched up and it often plays dead (no video or sound) on start-up and and sometimes when one changes the channel. Navikrap's program guide and big blue boxes work though, just the broadcast is missing. 

Changing/toggling the channel again wakes it up.

I Plan to Stick Around

Cosmetically worse than mine - but at least it sometimes works.  Mine will work ok (apparently) but I don't want to have to scroll through someone else's dead schedule every time I record something.

I wouldn't care too much but this is replacing a box that I bought - and I want to make sure I have another good one before the warranty runs out in January.

And just as I solve this problem I'll probably be faced with the imposition of Navigatr

Ain't life with Rogers wonderful ?

I Plan to Stick Around

OK - problem solved

1. When my wife came into the room to see what I was muttering about she looked at the screeen full of "ghosts" and said - those are my scheduled recordings - from the upstairs PVR

2. when the tech lady called me back I suggested that maybe one of these boxes had been a prt of a Whole Home PVR scheme - since we knew where the recording were coming from.

3. Nice Tech Lady says that's because we have Whole Home PVR.

4. Not so, sez I. We have standalone PVRs.

5. She replied - the Whole Home PVR was added to my account on Oct 29 - yesterday.

Somebody at Rogers decided that what we really needed was a Whole Home PVR setup. Don't know who; don't know why; but it helps explain the two emails I received that day thanking me for "updating" my TV service. When I called in about the emails the CSR said there had been no changes to my service.

In any case the Tech lady reversed it and hopefully the "ghosts" will begone.

Happy Hallowe'en everybody.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@1945mdh wrote:

OK - problem solved

Somebody at Rogers decided that what we really needed was a Whole Home PVR setup. Don't know who; don't know why; but it helps explain the two emails I received that day thanking me for "updating" my TV service. When I called in about the emails the CSR said there had been no changes to my service.

In any case the Tech lady reversed it and hopefully the "ghosts" will begone.

Happy Hallowe'en everybody.

Lucky guess (in msg #14 a few posts back)

Hope Rogers Halloween goblins don't decide to whole-home my 2 NB3s.

We live in a condo mid-rise and the 2 cable feeds are separate.

They connect with my neighbours above and below us B 4  each wandering off to the big Rogers vault

without ever connecting to each other.  So they can't talk with each other,  just to my neighours Rogers boxes.  

I've Been Around

recorded shows just won't erase on Nextbox

I go to the List, select the recorded show, select Erase, hit the A to confirm.... nuthin. The shows just stay there and stay there.

Any reason? Any known way to make this (non)action stop?