problem erasing a program- Nextbox 3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

problem erasing a program- Nextbox 3

I have one recorded program - dating back to December -  If you attempt to "play" the program it says that it can't be accessed. I supposed that it was probably corrupt - so, tried to delete it.

When you try to delete it, the box freezes for about 30 seconds - and then reboots.  I thought that a forced reboot by unplugging the box might clear it, but no joy.

I suppose I could reformat the drive, but I'd lose a lot of recordings.

What does a box reset do? I hesitate to do that because the message is that "all" boxes will be reset and it would be worth my life to wipe anything on my wife's PVR.

Any other ideas ?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAmanda
Retired Moderator

Re: problem erasing a program- Nextbox 3

Anyone in the community have the same issue that can help out ? Meanwhile, I'd suggest to take a look at the article here, might be helpful: Easy Fixes to 5 of the Most Common Rogers TV Issues.

Let us know Smiley Happy

RogersAmanda

I Plan to Stick Around

You will lose all your recordings if you chose the 'reset' option - better to leave the corrupted recording! 😉

@1945mdh 

This may sound random, but could you try to change some settings and let me know if you're able to delete the recording in question?

In Appearance, change TV Type to whatever format your TV supports, however don't use 1080p.

In Audio, change Audio Output to "other" and Volume Control to "variable".

Now go to Troubleshooting and select Reboot Set Top Box.

Allow the box to reboot and let the loading circle reach 100%. Give it a minute or so, then try to delete the recording.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the input. I'll give it a try.

Rogers Tech support said that it looked like a "hard drive problem" and that I should return the box for replacement. Not until I burn through some of the recordings that I've amassed. 🙂  I'll then try a reformat before a return.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersAmanda wrote:

Anyone in the community have the same issue that can help out @1945mdh? Meanwhile, I'd suggest to take a look at the article here, might be helpful: Easy Fixes to 5 of the Most Common Rogers TV Issues.

Let us know Smiley Happy

RogersAmanda

Only the first article is relevant and I've tried that several times.

Thanks for the input though

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersShaun wrote:

@1945mdh 

This may sound random, but could you try to change some settings and let me know if you're able to delete the recording in question?

In Appearance, change TV Type to whatever format your TV supports, however don't use 1080p.

In Audio, change Audio Output to "other" and Volume Control to "variable".

Now go to Troubleshooting and select Reboot Set Top Box.

Allow the box to reboot and let the loading circle reach 100%. Give it a minute or so, then try to delete the recording.

The box was already set as you suggested so I just made random changes to those three settings.

Same result - froze up on "deleting".

Worth a try though - thanks for the suggestion.

@1945mdh 

It was worth a shot! I had the same issue myself, and making those changes somehow let me delete what appeared to be a corrupted recording.

Unfortunately your best bet at this point is to just let that one recording stay there, or watch whatever you have recorded on your PVR currently and swap it out and start fresh.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersShaun wrote:

@1945mdh 

It was worth a shot! I had the same issue myself, and making those changes somehow let me delete what appeared to be a corrupted recording.

Unfortunately your best bet at this point is to just let that one recording stay there, or watch whatever you have recorded on your PVR currently and swap it out and start fresh.

Anything is worth a try.

For now we have stopped recording on that box - doing all our recording on the other one - with a view to using up what is already there.

Then it will be either a reformat of the drive - or a return of the box. The box is mine but the Tech confirmed that it was still under warranty.

Thanks for your help.

I Plan to Stick Around

@1945mdh wrote:

@RogersShaun wrote:

@1945mdh 

Anything is worth a try.

For now we have stopped recording on that box - doing all our recording on the other one - with a view to using up what is already there.

Then it will be either a reformat of the drive - or a return of the box. The box is mine but the Tech confirmed that it was still under warranty.

Thanks for your help.

Another Update 

As I said above, when I tried to delete the program, the system locked up again. It needed another hard reboot (actually two) to get it going again. When the system finally came back up, I checked the LIST and the offending entry is now gone. No logic to this but who cares - I'm back to normal (for now)

Thanks again for the suggestion.