old style cable box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

old style cable box

I have an old cable box, probably 10ish years old, can I hook it up to the kids tv downstairs?  they don't need all the HD options and stuff, just looking for basic channels.  And how do I accomplish that if possible?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: old style cable box

Hello vfmj

Since Rogers has been taking away all if not most Analog channels you may need to activate the box on your account with the lowest cable package if its not already done so.

If you hook it up via the cable wire & hook it up on your TV without a cable package only a selected channels will come up.
I've Been Here Awhile

How do I know if its allowed on my plan?  I only have one box currently running, this would be the second....and do I have to inform them its on there on the phone, or can I do it online?  

Also, I am wondering what it means to "reset" the boxes?  What is the purpose of that?

thanks for the help!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vfmj

You need to call Rogers & have them add the serial number of the cable box into your cable account. This will enable the box to work with whatever cable package you have in your house with Rogers. Once the box has been activated on your Rogers cable account, plug it the box into the TV & cable wire & it will start up as your other box does. Smiley Happy

Also reset the boxes just means that it just restarts the box. Nothing else is meant by that. All this will be expalined when calling Rogers Cable department & when you are adding the box into the account. Remember to ask any questions you have so they can help you out more!!