nextbox 3 recordings cut in and out

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Nextbox 3.0 Flashing Black during Playblack

Good Evening,

I am wondering if anyone is encountering the same issue as I am with the new nextbox 3.0

My nextbox is constantly flickering and flashing black as I am watching stuff recorded off my PVR.

I am watching a 1 hour program and I stopped counting after 25 times it flickered.

Any ideas? as its SUPER annoying and frustrating.

Thanks in advance

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: nextbox 3 recordings cut in and out

Is this pretty much only on recordings?

Check your video settings.
I am guessing your output is set to 1080p?
There are some bugs with this.
Set it to 1080i and it should fix the issue.
(None if the content is higher than 1080i anyways)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm also having same problem with my HD nextbox 3. This is the 2nd box we've had from Rogers. 

First one deleted all our recording. 

Then Rogers gave us a new box. Now this one after few months keeps cutting in and out during playback of recording. It does that multiple times at different  intervals during playback. 

I'm going to have to complain to Rogers again. 

This is getting ridiculous. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@

If you have not already, check my information on the post above yours, and if its set that way, try the change.

This fixes playback gap issues for MOST people.

I Plan to Stick Around

Sigh. They still haven't fixed this? While I can live with 1080i, the upscaled 1080p does look slightly better.
I'm an Advisor

senordd:

If you have a 1080p display, it will upconvert 1080i to 1080p. You don't need a cable box to do it first. That just adds one unnecessary step in the process. Also, when I had a NB 3, the 1080p setting actually produced 480p. Maybe that's been fixed, though. It's been several months since I had that box. Needless to say, 480p wasn't great. The reason I know it was 480p is because my Samsung TV always shows the resolution in the upper left corner for a few seconds when the resolution changes.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, my tv is also a Samsung and it says 1080i when the box is set to 1080i and 1080p when the box is set to 1080p.
I've Been Here Awhile

I've changed my settings to 1080i and audio to other. For few days, things improved and I didn'tget the black cut off or many audio drops. But since yesterday, I've noticed that my recordings are not fully recording. They are skipping on playback. Sometimes not even recording at all. This nextbox 3.0 is the worst HD pvr I'veever had. This is my 2nd box in about 7 months. Never had a problem with our pvr with Bell. 

I'm an Advisor

senordd:

That means they fixed the problem, which is good news. However, it's only one of a lot of problems which haven't been fixed yet.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@watsittou wrote:

I've changed my settings to 1080i and audio to other. For few days, things improved and I didn'tget the black cut off or many audio drops. But since yesterday, I've noticed that my recordings are not fully recording. They are skipping on playback. Sometimes not even recording at all. This nextbox 3.0 is the worst HD pvr I'veever had. This is my 2nd box in about 7 months. Never had a problem with our pvr with Bell. 

Recordings not recording, are a sperate issue.

I have had a NB3 since... about 2 weeks after they first came out..  and have not had an issue.
have had some MISSED recordings (but thats a GUIDE bug/issue, happens/happened on the NB2)... but not any issues otherwise with partial recordings, etc.

(partials.. MOST of the time when reported, are usually ones done around the midnight to 2am range when there is the guide update)

How are the signals to that outlet? have you ever had a tech out?

Topic Stats