nextbox 3 has undefined recording

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

nextbox 3 has undefined recording

went through my recording and found this, undefined 12/31 7pm - 7pm.  also tried to record vegas rat rods and it freezes after 1minute. that is why i was looking at my recordings.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: nextbox 3 has undefined recording

Often issues like that can be solved with a reboot.

I've Been Around

I am having the same issue, but I tried to turn the cable box off and back on and it's still there. Any other suggestions to get rid of it? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just off and on? Or completely unplugged it and back in?

I Plan to Stick Around

I've got the same issue. In fact I have 3 recordings titled "undefined". All 12/31 7pm. Reboot doesn't get rid of them.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just saw this was an old thread. Nice to see this issues been resolved. Btw I am
on my 3rd NB since October after being sold on it as a less troublesome
alternative to the old SA PVR. So far after losing dozens of recordings when replacing boxes in the last 6-8 months I wish I had kept my old SA or switched providers altogether
I'm an Advisor

Lytefall:

I guess it's a matter of opinion, but the SA8300HD PVR isn't troublesome in the least for me. I've had one for 11 years and the only problem I've had is the failure of the original disk drive. I replaced it over a year ago and it's still working perfectly.

I did have a Nextbox 3 for a while and returned it because of audio drop-out problems.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Lytefall I agree with @jimboden that the SA8300HD is practically trouble free. I got mine refurbished from Shopping Channel when Rogers was selling off their inventory. Your 8300 is water under the bridge now, but it looks like Rogers and Cisco are gradually debugging the Nextbox 3.0.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I must have the worst luck in the world then....without exaggeration we had to replace our SA8300 at least a dozen times between 2007 and summer of 2012. Our last 8300 lasted 2 yrs before crashing again and that's when I was persuaded to move to the NB3.0.

On this topic with the NB I have now noticed that a 2 new "undefined recording" show up on the recorded list nightly. But always with the 12/31 date and 7pm time. As I write this I have 8 in my list now.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Lytefall wrote:

I must have the worst luck in the world then....without exaggeration we had to replace our SA8300 at least a dozen times between 2007 and summer of 2012. Our last 8300 lasted 2 yrs before crashing again and that's when I was persuaded to move to the NB3.0.

On this topic with the NB I have now noticed that a 2 new "undefined recording" show up on the recorded list nightly. But always with the 12/31 date and 7pm time. As I write this I have 8 in my list now.

I guess this is a bit off-topic in this thread, but I've had relatively good luck with my 8300's  I got my first one, a SA8300SD  for free as a Rogers promotion after they were discontinued. The first refurbished one had a failing Maxtor hard drive and was replaced with one with a Western Digital drive. The only problem it ever gad was once losing all the recordings, probably due to a power glitch. My refurbished SA8300HD (also with a WD drive) recently got a weird recording I could not erase, but rebooting fixed that. Honestly, from what I've been reading, the Nextbox 3.0 still isn't ready for prime time.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 in conversation