nextbox 2.0/3.0 Episode & Season

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

nextbox 2.0/3.0 Episode & Season

Hey,

I'm noticing since I got my nextbox I find it hard to keep track of shows because it doesn't give the season and episode number. Is there going to be an update or a setting I can change? Also why does it show all channels can't I filter out the ones I don't have?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: nextbox 2.0/3.0 Episode & Season

Nothing regularly PVR'd contains that information
(seems only the on demand does).
It only saves whatever is in the regular TV listing for it.

(if what your recording is recorded in date order, IE new episode every week, then best to keep it in DATE order, then pick the oldest date (which though stupidly, is at the BOTTOM of the list usually))

I am not at home right now, so cant look up the exact way to do it (maybe someone else can post the instructions).
But there is a way to hide the channels on the NB2/3.
In the settings there is an option to hide unsubscribed channels.  This will hide all the ones you cant get, other than the Rogers ON demand channels.

I'm Here A Lot

Yeah, it's too bad it's not included in the listing information. I was with bell satellite before Rogers and recording stuff was a lot more organized. I recorded Bates Motel season 2  without looking online had no idea which order to watch them in because where I recorded would show the episodes out of order. Seems like its an easy added benefit...unfortunate they don't have it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Recently switched to Roger Netbox 3.0 after being with Bell Satellite for many years.
Cannot seem to find any show episode information when you click info for a show in the guide. You get a description but no episode name or number. This is very frustrating when recording entire seasons or even just Coronation Street. Had this with Bell so it is very annoying and you know it's somewhere in the guide feed but not being displayed. Am I missing where to find this info?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As was stated above.. this information isnt available on the rogers guide.

Just because bell had it, doesnt mean rogers would. 
Both bell and rogers, dont usually do their guide on their own, they get their information from one of a few providers out there, who put these things for lots of companies (TV providers.. TiVo type devices, DVRs, PC TV software, etc)..
They may just not use a company which does this.

I have been with rogers since.. well before the first digital boxes.. and dont ever recall seeing any episode information ever listed in the guide.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Zap2it Yahoo TV Listings is your friend. It shows season and episode information.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes of course I can look this up anywhere, but would be best to have it right in my guide!
I'm Here A Lot

Yes I guess, you don't understand how useful it is until you go from having it to not having it. It's actually makes PVR go from awesome to being a nuisance....I agree with nkay pretty crappy they don't have it.

I'm a Senior Advisor

It's very useful and should not be difficult to add. I submitted a suggestion in Ideabox.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks! Hopefully they will follow through with it.