new sign in menu for on demand

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

new sign in menu for on demand

i am very unhappy with the new on demand menu..please change it back! The font is extremely difficult to read. It doesn't list who the actors in the films upfront , and the navigation is not that intuitive. In a sentence, it looks like some kid made it. Very unprofessional looking- for all this money and frequent glitches, is it too much to ask to just leave something that does work alone?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: new sign in menu for on demand

Which box is this on?
(I am guessing an sd box or an 8300, which uses the older guide)

This has been a complaint from a few people. I think what they had to change to allow these boxes access to shomi, changed the RoD stuff as well.

Unfortunately this is a user to user help forum so no. Of us can do anything Smiley Sad

I'm an Advisor

Gdkitty:

Shomi was working fine on my 8300 before the new guide was implemented, so I don't see the connection. I agree with the OP about how awful the new guide is. In another thread, I said the graphics look like they were created with lego blocks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My mistake.

I thought that the RoD guide change happened at the same time, not after the shomi release.

I'm an Advisor

Used ROD last night and the crappy graphics problem has been fixed. They look normal now. I tried ROD on channel 309 and 300 and they both were fine.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I never saw any crappy graphics, just a new, unfamiliar menu we have to learn. Will someone point out what the improvements are?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

The improvement I see is there are fewer steps to find programs than before. It gives you a lot more options down the left side of the menu as soon as it comes up.

About the crappy graphics, I noticed my 8300 rebooted yesterday for the first time in ages. Yesterday was also when I noticed the improvement, so I would not be surprised if something was pushed to the box that fixed it.

I'm Here A Lot

I have to agree with OP's comments. What were you thinking rogers. Who decided that this menu was better?????!!!! Oh and in addition both HD and SD boxes are the same menu as well On-Demand and Shomi menus are both the same awfull look.

I'm an Advisor

olletram:

What cable box do you have? Rogers fixed the crappy graphics on my 8300 a couple of days ago. Either the issue was specific to the 8300 or it's a global thing. I haven't seen anyone with a Nextbox comment on the new menu and whether or not it looks OK.

I'm Here A Lot

I have a Nextbox hd, 2 explorer 4290 and 1 3290 sd boxes. All have same crappy look. I am in Maple, Ontario not sure if that matters