image freezng on all channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

image freezng on all channels

I have had a problem with my image freezing ever since a tech came in to install my internet and phone line (2 days ago). I had previous issues, but slightly different where the screen goes black and comes back in a second or so. i dont think they are related.

This problem is different where the image is freezing randomly and quite often on all channels. Very annoying. I called tech support and they told me that the signal to the box was strong. What could it be? i do have an older hd box. Could that be the causing the freezing all of a sudden?

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: image freezng on all channels

Generally, my first thought would be signal.. usually pixelization, stuttering, drop outs, are caused by weak signal.

But if they are saying the signal is good..

unless its just speratic.. that the splitter or something is flakey and droping just on the one side.

Internet and phone appear ok?

I've Been Here Awhile

Internet seems fine, phone I haven't tested, have to get a phone first, been using cell phone only. Tech installed a new splitter. How would I go about testing the splitter?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sorry, was out of service range for the weekend to reply.

There is no way to test it easily.

If they SAY there isnt a signal issue.. may not be.. at least not continually.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation