i seem to have lost some channels????

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

i seem to have lost some channels????

I have analog Cable Plus package. I live in Markham north of Toronto. In the last couple of weeks or so some channels like History  (Ch 54) and Space TV (Ch55) have gone missing. I can't get them anymore. I ordered a digital box and connected it yesterday. But those channels are still missing. Was there a change in channel line up or something?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: i seem to have lost some channels????

if its an older granfathered package.. it MIGHT have channels no longer in it?

My understanding though, is space SHOULD normaly only be available on the VIP package... that you were getting it before.. on the analog, there were many channels that people SHOULDNT have had based on their package, but really couldnt stop them comming through (without a physical filter at the house)

Normaly, by connecting a cable box, you should gain back those channels lost to the analog drop... assuming you have them with your package.

Have you called in to make sure the box is authorized?
(even though its on the account, it sometimes nees to be sorta checked off that its THERE and connected from their end)

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I called to have the box authorized. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether i connect the digital box or remove it. The channels are the same. I have the Cable Plus that is about $65 a month or so. I've had it for several years, so maybe it was grandfathered or something. Not sure. I don't think I ever had a VIP package.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, it may be grandfathered, and you were possibly getting the channel by accident Smiley Sad. There were many channels like this.

I would recommend looking at the website and looking at the current packages and the lists of channels with them, and see if its worth changing.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Rogers did recently "realign" some channels, removing some, like BBC World News from basic cable and moving them to a high digital channel only available if you subscribe to another premium package. If you're missing some of your favourite channels, call Rogers and raise a fuss.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Those channels were not part of the alignment. Though.

Still a good idea to call anyways and can voice your concerns, as well as talk about options.

I've Been Around

Rogers just updated my guide and I have lost many channels. Channels 11, 67, 181, 190 etc.  Rogers seems baffled.

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @AnitaLee

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have you tried rebooting your digital box? You can do so by unplugging the power cord for a minute and plugging it back.

Let us know if that helps!

@RogersPrasana