how long does it take to set up Nextbox 3.0 first time?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

how long does it take to set up Nextbox 3.0 first time?

I just picked up a Nextbox 3.0 - in set-up mode but it seems be taking ages.  Currently I see four blue dashes and it has been that way for more than a half hour - is this normal?

***Edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: how long does it take to set up Nextbox 3.0 first time?

Hello Sueharg

Yes sometimes it does take that long depending if its downloading and installing all the updates.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Depending on when the box was shipped, etc, it may be a few updates behind.

So you may need to leave it plugged in for a while to download them all. It may reboot a few times durring this process.

It can take up to 48 hours sometimes for the extra features like the search and on demand to fully work.

I'm Here A Lot

I've been waiting for over one and half hour, still only showing me FOUR Blue dashes. This is Normal?????

Take really long time.

I hope when I get up in the morning, I will see the time show up.

Wish me luck.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

HOPEFULLY its up by now.

Depending on when the box was originaly loaded with software... there may be 1-10 updates that it needs to download, etc first, before its fully up/up to date.

This is being pluged into a location where there was a box before? (just making sure there is signal, etc)

I've Been Around

Mine has said LoAd for an hour.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That could be quite possible.
Depending on when the unit was updated last... could be quite a number of updates it needs to process through before its up to date.

I've Been Around

Nextbox 9865HD not displaying time after booting

Hello,

I recently upgraded my old Nextbox PVR to the Nextbox 3.0 9865HD. After booting while following setup instructions, my box did not display the time and showed 4 dashes (- - - -). I even left it overnight and it still didn't display the time.

Please help? Is my box faulty and do I need to go back and replace it?

Thank you in advance!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its always possible.

My guess?
The signal to that specific spot, may be poor.
So its not getting an initialization, etc signal.. able to connect to pull firmware, etc.

your best bet would be to call in, and see if they are able re push out an initialization to it.
They can always set up a tech appointment as well to come out and check the signal levels.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@AnFamily : The "----" usually means that the box has not been properly activated. Call Rogers and have them properly activate the box. If the first CSR cannot make it work, then ask for "second level". As mentioned above by @Gdkitty , the problem can also often be related to a poor signal level at your home or in your neighbourhood. When you call in, have them check the signal level, first at the problem box, then at other boxes in your home if applicable, then in your neighbourhood.  The 9865 often requires more signal than other boxes like the 8642, etc.  Here's more information on signal problems. It's very rare that the box itself is the problem.  It should take about 6 minutes for the box to boot and show the time, although additional time may be required for it to "stabilize" the IPG, etc. (up to say 1/2 hour).

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...