extra TV outlet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

extra TV outlet

i was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to have an extra TV outlet added that would be apprx 150feet from the house..can rogers run a cable from my in house splitter to an outside building that is apprx 150 feet away :-)...if this is possible what kind of charges would i be looking at? i currently have 3TV and 1 Internet outlet being used...

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: extra TV outlet

Good morning hiho,

There is typically a $49.99 fee involved with installing a new outlet. However since this would require running 150 feet of coax to an outside building, there may be additional fees involved.

We would first have to send out a tech to assess your service to see if it's even possible to action this request.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers directly may be limited as to what they can do directly for it..

I know they are limited in HOW / WHAT they can run sometimes.. they will not run stuff INSIDE your walls, etc.. So same may go for outside.. in getting it to that outlaying building.

My best bet.. would be to get a good 3rd party company which deals in doing cable/elec runs.. Run a proper conduit from the house out to the building and running a proper outdoor grade cable, etc.

Rogers then could help likely then at making sure that its attached properly to the rest of the stuff at the house.

As long as your on VIP tv or higher package.. i think you should have up to 6 outlets allowed.. so should be ok.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

k thanks for the nfo..

One thing i forgot to mention is that where i would want the outlet to be is only about 10feet from my tap to house cable run.  When rogers did my cable instalation 6+yrs ago they ran the cable from the tap to the house all along the top of my fence instead of burying it in the ground so maybe there maybe a way they could splice into the org feed thats ontop of my fence from the tap to get me the extra outlet thus reducing it from 150feet to only 10+ feet

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. Interesting.

Yeah, best to have a person out in that scenario.

As I doubt they can just take another connection on the tap directly there..
They MIGHT be able to split it (or at least.. run to the building, put split there, then continue to the run to the house).
Problem with that would be, is that the split there, any time you split you introduce signal loss.  So could be droping the overall signal otherwise for anything out at the house.

I've Been Around

Nextbox and wifi router in same room

I am moving a tv into the room where my rogers internet router is but there is only one coax outlet. Can i somehow connect both?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I recommend you call Rogers for this installation.  Usually it's best if the internet connection is the "first split" at the demarcation point where the cable comes into the home.  Rogers sometimes even use special splitters for this function. Although it may be possible for you to add a splitter in that room, it would adversely affect the signal strength/quality thereby potentially affecting either the TV or Internet performance.