explorer 4290

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

explorer 4290

Hi. I have the cable box explorer 4290. This the second box brought to me by rogers this week. After a very long time of use it seems the box shuts down. My tv goes fuzzy. I reset the box and it's fine for another approximate  14 hrs. and it does it again. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thankyou

pat

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: explorer 4290

Welcome to the Community @patsyscloud-63

How long have you been experiencing this issue? For example was the old box fine previously, and the issue only started recently?  Has anyone else in the Community ran into this issue? 

I'll tag a few of our Resident Experts to see if they can help @OLDYELLR @Gdkitty @Lurker

RogersAsif

I'm a Senior Advisor

Overheating? Make sure it's not tucked into a tight cubbyhole or there's not another device like a DVD player sitting on top, covering the air vents.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

The first box I had for 8 months all of a sudden this started happening maybe once a month or so. Rogers replaced it. I didn't even have the new box for 2 days, and I heard a hissing noise and my tv went fuzzy. I called rogers. They brought another box. Since then it happened a couple of times. The only thing I can figure is that after being on for more than 15 hrs. or more the box overheats. If I unplug it, reboot it then it works.

Thankyou

pat