digital box ..the ones that record its a Motorola DCX3400

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

digital box ..the ones that record its a Motorola DCX3400

Hi ... when turning on my tv I get the message TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS CHANNEL PLEASE CONTACT  1-888 -......

I get this message on all channels on my tv....I unplugged it and replaced it with another box I had in the house and that one is fine so for sure problem is the digital box (the one that records).... I called and of course my warranty is no good anymore so any ideas of waht could be wrong with my box ...I've contacted rogers and has been rebooted...and so on...HELP !!!

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: digital box ..the ones that record its a Motorola DCX3400

They are sure that that box (model/SN is on the account?)

If it is.. have them remove it, and re add it to the account.

Signal CAN be an issue.. but if you have put another box there, and it works fine.. then that wouldnt be it.

Its possible, that something in it, is TOAST 😞 and not receiving signal properly
(it is a purchases, and not rented, right?)

I've Been Here Awhile

yes they've verified the serial number ... they asked for it every time I called for tech support 

it was part of my package a rent to own and of course when my warranty is finished it's doing this 😞

what do you mean have them remove it and re add it ...would they have not tried this when I called tech support and they asked me for the serial number?? I know they tried sending signals or rebooting from there end and didn't work 😞

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not necessarily.

They likely asked for the SN, to make sure the box WAS on the account.

The other things they sent out, were just a re-authorization, etc..  which often works...

But wasnt necessarily a full remove and re add.

I Plan to Stick Around

What GDKitty is saying is that ,, try to Un-Install the box and then do a new Re-Install ,, as this procedure may work and update the Operating System and add new Drivers to it . Give it a try , it will work .

The box will last a long time ,, unless it was hot in a closed space cupboard or liquid was spilled over it ..

Vitally