digital adapter controlling my TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: digital adapter controlling my TV

1. Turn your TV on.

2. Press and hold

SET key for 3 seconds.

3. Press

9 - 1 - 4.

4. Point the remote towards your TV and press and hold the

Power button

down.

5. Continue to hold the

Power button down until your TV turns off. The

remote will cycle through all possible codes until a match is found.

Note

: You may need to hold the Power button for a few minutes

before

fi nding a match.----------------------------------------------------------------

I held the power button for an hour and it never turned off on my brand new 32'' RCA led flat screen does that mean its not gonna work ?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Quite possibly Smiley Sad

I don't think this remote has as many codes in it as the full Rogers remotes.

Newer tvs can also be a problem too if they changed/add new codes which they may not have.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, I'm familiar with the instructions, I've done it many times. I've even clamped the power button for an hour to give it time to find a code. Some TVs just don't work and thete's nothing Rogers can do.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Now.. i am trying to remember correctly.. not 100% sure on this.

IF the FULL rogers remote, works on the DTA.. if you were able to get your hands on one of them.. might have a better chance of finding a code that works.

And just incase you havent tried already, here is the code lookup for that remote.

http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=736

I've Been Here Awhile

Ya thats what i thought

I guess thats why its free  lol

Now talking abouth the full remote on the dat50

hummmm I wonder???????

Smiley Indifferent

I've Been Here Awhile

ok tried the full remote and its not working either i give up i guess im stuck using 2 remotesSmiley Mad

I'm a Senior Advisor

I've recounted my experience with the DTA remote elsewhere on this forum, but here's a recap:

Following the Rogers instructions, I couldn't get the power buton to work. I went to the website for the DTA50 and using their code for my TV, I ended up with even fewer functions. I called Rogers for help to reset the remote so I could do it with the Rogers instructions again (it was hold the Setup button at least 3 seconds). Even after resetting it, I still couldn't get it to work as good as it did before (just power button not working). Called Rogers again and was told my TV was not in their database and to return the remote to the Rogers store. I did that and they gave me a brand new one, which I got to work (all except the power button). That's it. End of story. I use 2 remotes.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i had a old GE tv that rogers said they dont support, guess what? i tried the power scan procedure and happened to find a code that works, sometimes they dont, but there are some codes that are undocumented that will work with the device, you just gotta try, but if you already did try and got nothing, well unfortunaltey nothing else we can do.

I've Been Around

I know this is an old chain, but the same thing happened to my mother in law.  To add insult to injury, she is legally blind and the very expensive remote control we purchased for her with one inch numbers does not seem to work with the new cable box (which was mine -- and Rogers seems to have absconded with it!).  Rogers says they do not know what the "code" is for their new Cisco DBA50 -- and I need that number to program the remote that my mother-in-law can actually use.  I know that it does not work with a digital box which was why I had left the analog Rogers box for her to use.  I live in Vancouver so it is very difficult to "fix" things for her when she lives in Ottawa.  Thank you for giving me some room to rant!  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Cant find anything at the moment for it.. seems very illusive Smiley Sad

My understanding.. is that you can use the large rogers remote with the DTA as well... that would me, its probably the SAME codes as the other boxes?
(the 8300, the NB2, the NB3, all use the same codes).

So if you can find one of those?

Could try contacting cisco directly as well.