cisco dat50 box ir code - box reset code needed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

cisco dat50 box ir code - box reset code needed

Hello, I have the CISCO DTA50 digital box. The box is not communicating with the remote. The TV is stuck on one channel. The remote volume and on/off is functioning but not the channel up/down. I understand that the IR code is needed to reset the actual CISCO DTA50 box. Does anyone know the code? FYI - a full reset of the remote was done. This does not help and is not the problem. It's the IR box code that is needed.

Thank you.

***EDITED LABELS***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: cisco dat50 box ir code - box reset code needed

When I had problems with a DTA50 remote I took it to the Rogers store and they gave me a new one. It probably won't be the same one because they're long obsolete.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers no longer provides the free box. Does anyone know the code to reset the box. Not the code to reset the remote.
thanks
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@marathongirl1 , @OLDYELLR was talking about exchanging the remote for free, not the box.  You can usually do this at any Rogers store, but call beforehand to ensure they have stock.  All the Rogers boxes use the same remote code, so you don't need to get the (simple) remote identical to the one that comes with the DTA.  For example, you could use one of the 5-button remotes like the model 1055 or 1056. 

It is unlikely that anything needs to be redone regarding the box - I know of no "reset" code for the box.  Have you tried unplugging it for a few seconds to reboot it?  The buttons on your current remote may no longer be working properly.  Have you tried pressing the buttons that are not working properly harder, or moving them side to side. They sometimes oxidize and don't work properly any more.  The other issue you may have is IR interference, discussed in the following link:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/14-hdtv-high-definition-television-including-lcd-plasma/64463-your-l...

Good Luck.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

@marathongirl1 , @OLDYELLR was talking about exchanging the remote for free, not the box.  You can usually do this at any Rogers store, but call beforehand to ensure they have stock.  All the Rogers boxes use the same remote code, so you don't need to get the (simple) remote identical to the one that comes with the DTA.  For example, you could use one of the 5-button remotes like the model 1055 or 1056.

@marathongirl1 Rogers no longer have the  Atlas 1055 or 1056 remotes at my store and likely not the little DTA  remote. You'll probably get the new Champion IR/RF remote.  But that works fine with the DTA, even though it's overkill with its multitude of buttons.

I've Been Here Awhile

The reason I believe the problem rests with the DTA 50 and the communication to the box is because I have tried two remotes. On both of them, the volume works as well as the on/off. The problem rests with the channel being stuck on one station. I understand from other forums that it is the box that needs reprogramming to the remotes. Any ideas on how to reprogram the box?

Thank you

I'm a Senior Advisor

I know of no way to reprogram or fix the DTA50. Another suggestion would be to take it back to your Rogers store and they might give you an actual STB to replace it. As I recall, these are not the ci=ustomer's "property" but owned by Rogers. I have seen reports here of Rogers replacing them with STBs when they wouldn't receive channels the customer was subscribed to.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ya as far as I am aware the BOX itself can not be programmed, and the remote is suppost to work with the box automatically, if not, its likely the BOX is faulty, theres no known way to reset them so you simply need to replace it at rogers with another one.