channel on tv only works if anyplace tv website is open and playing on pc?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

channel on tv only works if anyplace tv website is open and playing on pc?

when i put my tv on channel 42 (discovery hd) it will not play .. but if i load anyplace tv website and play the channel, then change my tv to channel 42 it works .. if i close the anyplace tv tab the tv stops playing .. is this correct

***EDITED LABELS***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: channel on tv only works if anyplace tv website is open and playing on pc?

It sounds like you may have an issue with SDV channels (switched digital video) which require the box to send a signal to the node near your home for you to tune the channel.  It seems that Anyplace may make the channel "active" at your home, but then make it inactive again once you quit Anyplace.

This is usually the result of a poor signal at your home or neighbourhood.  You can call Rogers and have them check your signal remotely.  Here's a post on the topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

Signal issues like this can often also cause issues on other channels (try a few channels that you usually don't watch like Stingray, or other "higher" channels.  It can also cause problems with on-demand.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: channel on tv only works if anyplace tv website is open and playing on pc?

thanks for the reply, have a tech coming to check stuff on tuesday