cable tv outage?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: cable tv outage?

O__o then why do I get -01- alot? AH! That is interesting.

Though I see no issues with my box (or any signal or outage in mississauga).

I don't work in tech dept, I purely discuss this based on personal experience and knowledge. 😞 Sorry if I didn't know about the outage itself. >__<"

dauthiatull
I Plan to Stick Around

Used to get it a lot as well. Was a bad connection on the pole. Would go out when it rained.
dauthiatull
I Plan to Stick Around

Could also be a bad spliter or cable but also problems with those repeaters you see on the street. Seen 01 for a day and a half after someone backed a truck into one of those.
dauthiatull
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure how you are getting 01 and not having issues. That code displays while booting. If it is stuck at 01 you get nothing.
ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Oh I see, I think for me it shows -01- and the flashes -01- 2 or 3 times and goes in to Boot/Load and does it's thing.. couple of minutes of download and it's on standby and then (once I press power) comes on.

So I guess I mistook it, maybe my cable line is weak signal? Does it for 1 box only though, every other box never does -01- but none of my boxes have issues.

dauthiatull
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok i see. I think only the cisco models do it. The 01 is normal but if it is stuck there for more than a minute there's a problem with the signals
dauthiatull
I Plan to Stick Around

To be honest I think it's related to the work going on in my neighborhood. Third party contractors with rogers logos installing what looks like fiber down Islington
jkroesen
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I like the pic LOL 

Sandrocchia
I've Been Around

Cable Outage in Toronto? Or a TV problem?

Hi there, 

Anyone know of a possible cable outage in Toronto (Jane Street and Lawrence Ave area)? My mom is having issues, and I was informed through Messenger that there were technical problems in the area, but other neighbours are not experiencing the same thing. She is getting audio but no video. The SD box seems ok. If its a TV problem instead, this is very frustrating because the TV (LG) is only a few years old and we've already replaced the backlight once already. 

Thanks!

RogersMoin

Hello, @Sandrocchia

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank for posting your inquiry in the Community. I can check if the issue is isolated to your mom's connection, addressing the concern involves in accessing the account, would you please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps, thank you. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin