cable tv for second tv

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

cable tv for second tv

I have cable and the digital pvr box for our main tv. Is it possible to purchase another kind of box to be able to recieve the cable channels on another tv in the house, without renting another box from Rogers? If so, which one will work? The second tv is pre 2007.

thanks,

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: cable tv for second tv

Depending on your location, you may or may not have any analog channels left. If you do and don't wish for any more on the second TV, then all you need is a splitter and hook it up directly. However, analog is fast being replaced by digital and you won't have it for long even if you do now. To receive digital without a cable box you'll have to get a free digital adapter from Rogers.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

These digital adapters give you basic cable in SD.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@zttalovic wrote:

I have cable and the digital pvr box for our main tv. Is it possible to purchase another kind of box to be able to recieve the cable channels on another tv in the house, without renting another box from Rogers? If so, which one will work? The second tv is pre 2007.

thanks,

In order to receive a TV signal from Rogers, you need to rent or buy some kind of box from Rogers (or a secondhand box that was originally bought from Rogers.)

Its as simple as that, and there's no way around it

I'm a Trusted Contributor

As mentioned by OLDYELLR, the OP can still get a Digital adapter for free. He may not receive as many stations (depending on his package) as with a digital box, but the DTA is free (at least for now).

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Correct.

The DTA should give you roughly the 1-60 range channels.. but thats about it.

And they should be FREE until may 15th.. after that.. not sure, will either be chargable, or may not be available at all.