cable box updating too much

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

cable box updating too much

my cable box has downloaded(dnLd) new software 3 times in the few hours normally in only does it at 2am seems whenever I turn off the box it updates

im in Toronto

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: cable box updating too much

What is the model number of the STB?   Many people encounter these sorts of issues if they have a poor signal to the home or in their neighbourhood as the firmware for the STB is trying to download, but doesn't complete due to a poor signal/connection.

I have looked at a number of your recent posts and see quite a few issues - many of them that could be caused by a poor signal in your home or in your neighbourhood. I suggest you call Rogers and have them check your signal (again?) and also send a technician if necessary.  The fact that you have so many things wrong strongly suggests a signal/connection issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

@untouchable855 wrote:

my cable box has downloaded(dnLd) new software 3 times in the few hours normally in only does it at 2am seems whenever I turn off the box it updates

im in Toronto

***edited labels***

my cable box has been doing the same thing since Tuesday afternoon when they did the most recent software update...only on the NB 3.0...Rogers has checked the signal...had a tech to the house...they can't figure it out...the house tech says it's the software update and he's seen it at a couple of houses today.  Rogers office says it's not at their end.  No solution.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It likely is an issue with the latest update..

Even with the tech out.. could be an issue with the signal at that particular location.  Might be within spec.. but still causing an issue.

If possible, try moving the box to another location in the house and see if it completes there.
Or try pluging it in right where the signal comes into the house.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's possible that the new firmware downloaded only partially, either from a poor signal/connection, or from issues at the head end.  This may also cause the On-demand and Guide issues that @molly222 is seeing since the download was not complete. 

@molly222 if your guide on the 9865 has still not updated for 5-6 days out, the connection issue is certainly more plausible.  Can you put your 9865 where you have your 8642 as a temporary test?

I've Been Here Awhile

problems with the HDPVR not turning on shows boot and then restarts over again

Having problems with our nextbox 3.0 hdpvr.  It keeps showing boot then runs from -01- up to -05- then nothing. it shuts off then turns on shows boot does it all over again. The problems are the same problems that happened a couple days back with the nextbox HD terminal box. I unplugged the power from the wall then plugged it back in and the same thing.  We live in bradford, is this a widespread thing or just in certain cities and towns.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello @verna

Generally that's an indication that the box is trying to perform a software update. Could you please double check the coax connection (white cable) by removing it & then screwing it back on & ensure its secure and tight. Allow the box a few minutes to boot & see if it will now update. Let us know what happens.

If you are still experiencing an issue, we will need to further investigate this for you.

RogersAsif