basic package and the adaptors

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

basic package and the adaptors

hi there: question about basic tv package and the adaptors. my mom is on the basic tv package, her package includes channels up to 30. should she order the digital adaptors? thank you

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: basic package and the adaptors

When there is the cutover and they remove analog signals, she will be unable to watch tv at all, unless she has one of the digital adapters.
So yes, she should order one adapter for her TV.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree. she should get the digital adaptor

I've Been Around

digital adaptor without a box

I have a tv that is not hooked up to a box. Will it work I connect it to a digital adaptor(if that at all possible).

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: digital adaptor without a box

The digital adapter... its a little misleading of a name (but thats what the MANUFACTURER calls it).

Its actually IS a box.  Its the most basic form of a box, but a box none the less.

Rogers Employee BAppel81
Rogers Employee

For Rogers customers that still connect their cable directly into the wall, they will gradually lose the ability to watch certain channels, until eventually they will lose access to every channel. This also can manifest itself with channels with poor or non-existent volume.

Digital Adapters are definitely an option to allow Rogers customers to get access to some of the channels - at least the lower tier ones. However, to really get the full advantage of cable with Rogers - even Digital TV (what Rogers used to refer to as "Basic" cable), I always recommend to my customers to get Digital Terminals. While Digital Adapters are cost-free and do restore some of the lost channels, only a Digital Terminal - even just a Standard Definition one - will allow access to things like Timeshifting, Rogers On Demand, Stingray Music, The Aquarium Channel, Premium networks, etc.

In effect, with a Digital Adapter and Digital TV, you are paying for at least 50-60 channels that you aren't getting access to.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Actually, the aquarium channel is the only one I get here now connecting directly to the wall.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Rogers Employee BAppel81
Rogers Employee

Really? Hmm...:/ strange.

Well, in any event, you do miss out on a lot of extras by going with an Adapter over a digital terminal. And without the adapter at least, you do lose basically all services.
I'm a Senior Advisor

There is a thread somewhere here where a customer subscribed to the Digital Plus package could not receive HGTV and a couple other channels with the DTA, even though they were in the lower numbers. He finally had to accept that he'd either have to get another digital terminal or upgrade to VIP to get the channels with the DTA. There are always these nagging inconveniences designed to get you to spend more money. Smiley Frustrated

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

On the rogers website under channels near the bottom there are some pull down menus that will show what channels are available with different boxes. Including the DA. (Dependent on area)