bad tv programming.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

bad tv programming.

Bad programming same things over and over and over.  Murdoch Mysteries same ereryday. Just terrible.

***Edited Labels*** 

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Re: bad tv programming.

Good Evening @atmar,

Sorry to hear you are not happy with the content included in your package. Unfortunately, Rogers does not determine what shows and episodes are played on those channels. This is all controlled through the networks themselves. 

If you are looking to improve the content on those channels you can always contact the broadcaster and provide feedback. 

Hope this helps!

@RogersGabrielle

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you I will do that.  However, there are far too many channels showing same content at same time (Rogers sportsnet - 12 channels showing Montreal hockey game).  I don't appreciate paying for all the extras.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

RogersGabrielle is pretty much bang on, you need to discuss with the network your complaint about their programming selection. Also remember, SportsNet is owned by Rogers Media, even though its the same company, its a different division than the one you call in to complain about your bill, so you may need to write to them separately and explain your situation. The more people do this, the more they are willing to listen and make suggested changes to their lineups.

I've Been Here Awhile

I know cbc, ctv, abc etc. but which network is showcase, movietime, lifetime ,etc,  Are they each indepenant networks or are they under one umbrella.  From their programming I assume they are under 1 network, but, what is the network name.  Not much transparency in this area.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Again that doesnt have much to do with rogers..

That would be more an issue of that particular channel, not being forthright with who owns them, etc.

Best bet overall, would be to find the webpage for the specific company

And usually look at the BOTTOM of the page..

There will usually be a CONTACT US link.. could be links to corporate owners there as well, etc.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@atmar wrote:

I know cbc, ctv, abc etc. but which network is showcase, movietime, lifetime ,etc,  Are they each indepenant networks or are they under one umbrella.  From their programming I assume they are under 1 network, but, what is the network name.  Not much transparency in this area.

Showcase, Movietime,  Lifetime and several other similar channels are owned by Shaw Media.  If you watch the channels, you will see every now and then they broadcast a message that says: "your watching Showcase, part of Shaw)"  This is to tell the viewers that Shaw Media owns these channels (and several others too). They are the ones that decides what shows are aired and what times they are aired on these channels, not Rogers or other cable/satellite companies.  You can also find out this information by going to the web site of the respective channels and looking for a "contact us" button or link.