audio problem on Explorer 4250HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

audio problem on Explorer 4250HD

Hi,

I am having audio skipping problems with my 4250HD terminal.  This doesn't happen when watching tv, but rather when listening to the Galaxie music channels.  I am right now having this issue on channel 722.

Has anyone else had this happen? I have tried a terminal reset, but the problem didn't go away.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Pete

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: audio problem on Explorer 4250HD

Hi,

Can anyone help out beaumontpete with an audio issues (specifically, the Galaxie music channels) on a 4250HD terminal?

Thanks

I'm Here A Lot

Good afternoon beaumontpete,

If the audio is skipping, it could be related to a signal (RF) problem.  Skipping audio is sort of like the sound version of pixellization for video.  Even though you may not be experiencing a problem on video channels, it might still be that.  Sometimes signal level fade can happen on specific frequency ranges.

In any case, I would recommend you first ensure all cable-type connections are screwed in tightly in the room where the TV is.  If you have made any changes on your own (such as adding a splitter or extending a cable line) then undo them to see if that resolves the problem.  If none of the above work or are relevant, then I recommend you call (or E-chat) in so that an agent can get a proper signal reading while you're on the channel(s) that you are having trouble with.  A service call may be recommended.

Good luck!

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply Mythorn.

I have verified my connections and all the connections were tight.  I have not changed my setup since installation by Rogers.

I am going to take your advice and get a signal rating from a agent.

Thanks for your help.

Pete

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

That's great news beaumontpete,

If Mythorn answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution," that way, the whole community can easily search for the right response.

Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

I was unable to get this issue resolved.  The problem started to happen on non-audio only channels.

I ended up taking the cable box in and getting it replaced.

Thanks for your help.

I've Been Here Awhile

This is a HUGE widespread problem. I have tried switch to several different Digital boxes. Skipping persists. Galaxy music now a pain to listen to. ROGERS PLEASE RESOLVE THIS WIDESPREAD ISSUE
I've Been Here Awhile

Want to add that I have had several cable replacements, all connections tightened etc etc. Nothing has helped. ROGERS ARE YOU MONITORING THIS?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

check the signal strength

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ajutan wrote:
This is a HUGE widespread problem. I have tried switch to several different Digital boxes. Skipping persists. Galaxy music now a pain to listen to. ROGERS PLEASE RESOLVE THIS WIDESPREAD ISSUE

Considering this is a thread from 2010.. its not a widespread issue.  If it was,  you would be seeing more threads about it here right now.

As stated above... get a tech out to check your signal strength.  The newer boxes with the newer guide, seem to be alot more sensitive to lower signal strength.

Could the the signal into the house as a whole (like mine was, they have replaced the line in from the street).. could be just the lines within the walls of the house, etc.  A tech can look at this and make the apropriate changes.. adding a signal booster, etc.